U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 03-06-2010, 03:32 PM
 
28 posts, read 45,621 times
Reputation: 15

Advertisements

Hi,
I will be visiting denver in mid april for a few days to see if I like it and if I might move there.

I have a few questions on denver:
What is the job market like at the moment? I have a bach. In intl business and currently work for an exporter.

How is mass transit? I currently live a few minuts outside of nyc and use mass transit to get to work, etc....

What would be a good neighborhood for a 25 yr old single female? If. I do move to denver I plan to rent an apt hopefully in the $700-800 range. I would like a neighborhood that's close to restaurants, theatres etc....
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-06-2010, 07:15 PM
 
3,605 posts, read 5,511,716 times
Reputation: 3358
Quote:
Originally Posted by saina View Post
Hi,
I will be visiting denver in mid april for a few days to see if I like it and if I might move there.

I have a few questions on denver:
What is the job market like at the moment? I have a bach. In intl business and currently work for an exporter.
No specific information for your field ... but in general, the job market is bad. The national unemployment rate is 9.7%. That's very bad. It's a tough time to find a job in America.

Quote:
How is mass transit? I currently live a few minuts outside of nyc and use mass transit to get to work, etc....
I like it (RTD), but being used to NYC you would probably find it quite lacking. Unless you live in a select few areas (covered by Light Rail), the only kind of transit available is buses. In some areas they are relatively infrequent. Check out www.rtd-denver.com. The good news is that for the most part RTD is quite safe.

Quote:
What would be a good neighborhood for a 25 yr old single female? If. I do move to denver I plan to rent an apt hopefully in the $700-800 range. I would like a neighborhood that's close to restaurants, theatres etc....
There are a lot of good neighborhoods. Usually inner city neighborhoods such as Highland (northwest of Downtown) or Washington Park (south-southeast of Downtown) are recommended for singles used to city life.

I would recommend reading through this forum. There are a lot of informative posts to find about neighborhoods.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
Similar Threads
View detailed profiles of:

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:22 AM.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top