Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2010, 10:44 PM

4 posts, read 4,950 times

Advertisements

My lady and I will be out there in April. We're moving from Vegas and like that Denver has fresh air, nature, lakes, and cool people but still is also a big "city".

I also got the idea that living is very affordable out there. Although I could afford more I would probably like to find something inexpensive at first as a temporary for 6 months until I get settled in and later will have a better idea of where best will fit my needs on a longer term.

I like Washington Park but I don't know if I will be able to find something nice there for $800 or less. I heard Park City and Cheeseman might be a better place to look. I look in to Park City but I don't think I can live in a town call Cheezeman. It just sounds to cheesy for me.

I need a 2 bedroom in a good area preferably for around $800 or less. I can live with having to use a Laundromat instead of an inside washer and dryer if I have to in order to stay in my price range. Location, atmosphere, and amenities are most important to me. Also must accept pets which I plan to soon have and will be willing to pay more than $800 considering the pet fees. Also willing to pay more if Cable TV and Internet Access is included.

Must be close to businesses and good public transportation since I will be sharing a car with my lady which will not always be available to one of us.

It is also important that the area is safe and a good place to meet other couples with health lifestyles. I love nature so the greener the better but I don't want to be to far away from city life for the nights that call for a little shake and wiggle.

My lady is a Professional Nanny with many years of experience with many good references. We're also hoping she can find a good family to work for close by... wherever it is we move to.

If anyone has any advise please let us know because right now we are kind of clueless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2010, 01:12 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
I would try the area around the University of Denver. My DD had an older apt. there, 2 BR, for $650/mo. It did have a dishwasher and laundry facitilites in the basement. She was allowed to have a cat.

Old 03-13-2010, 02:22 PM

94 posts, read 245,651 times
Quote:
I look in to Park City but I don't think I can live in a town call Cheezeman
Cheeseman is a neighborhood that surrounds the park called Cheeseman. Being close to the 15 bus route or Colfax is your best bet for solid public transportation.

Cheeseman, Uptown (North Capitol Hill), Capitol Hill, City Park, City Park West, Congress Park.

If you want you can name some areas of Vegas that have what you are looking for, although there is not much of a comparison. I work in Vegas during the week around the 215/Durango area and rent a place near Paradise Park.

Old 03-15-2010, 11:16 AM

6,288 posts, read 11,774,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Neil View Post
I like Washington Park but I don't know if I will be able to find something nice there for $800 or less.
Maybe a room in a house or a studio. Definitely not a two bedroom. A two-bedroom for $800 is real iffy or impossible in a "good" area of Denver.

Old 03-16-2010, 05:44 PM

4 posts, read 4,950 times
Thanks... Does anyone know anything about Cherry Creek? I found a couple places that look really cool and are very inexpensive.

Cherry Creek Club in Glendale (5001 East Mississippi Avenue Glendale, CO 80246) and Cherry Creek Villa (1001 South Dahlia Street Glendale, CO 80246)

Is there anything that I should be aware of about these places?

Old 03-16-2010, 06:34 PM

25 posts, read 61,085 times
Default Glendale is not all that

I wouldn't move to Glendale.. If you only looking for a one bed room apt for $800.00 you might have to go to capital hill near downtown or Aurora.. There are some nice apt worth your money.

Old 03-16-2010, 07:04 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,923,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80skeys View Post
Maybe a room in a house or a studio. Definitely not a two bedroom. A two-bedroom for $800 is real iffy or impossible in a "good" area of Denver.
This is so wrong. I live just north of the DTC and pay $775 for a 2/2, with a dishwasher, w/d in unit, ample parking, pool, and have a cat. There are three light rail stations within a mile of here.

OP, if you are willing to give up this dubious atmospherey stuff, SE Denver is also a good place to look. Look in zips 80237, 80231, 80224 and 80222.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver