Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2010, 02:05 PM

1 posts, read 2,586 times

Advertisements

My family is moving to Denver in the fall and we are thinking we will most likely be in the Berkley Gardens area (or NW Denver somewhere). We're looking for childcare/preschool options for our daughter who will be 3 in August.

Any recommendations for parents' day out programs in the neighborhood? What about preschools that you would (or would not) recommend?

On a related note-- in our housing search we've seen a few things in the Regis Neighborhood-- any thoughts about that neighborhood? Family friendly? Safe?

Thanks for the help!
Sarah
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2010, 07:28 PM

5,089 posts, read 15,401,935 times
The area you are seeking is called North Denver. Yea, I know it is the Northwest area of the city but it a tradition that has stuck in the Denver Mind because of an old entity called North Denver that was absorbed by the City.

North Denver is become some of the most sought out places to live. The Berkeley Neighborhood which is centered on Tennyson and Berkeley Lake has really become a prized area to live. West 32nd, which encompasses the West Highland Neighborhood is becoming fast gentrified.

Just North of Berkeley is Regis. It is just now becoming noticed because of the proximity to the other fast growing neighborhoods. I live just north of Regis, in Arvada, and I have been through there many times. I believe it to be safe and a good value that will increase in value. It certainly benefits from the stability of Regis University and is proximate to many parks and open space.

Livecontent
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver