Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 03:21 PM

17 posts, read 83,205 times

Advertisements

Thank ya both for the sound advise. The family is getting excited about "starting over" in a new area! I pray that our 18yr girl will follow along, it would break my heart to leave her behind. At 42, I'd enjoy a new adventure! I'll keep looking for that right town, and looking for your good advise. Thanks again, Jamie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2007, 11:13 AM

291 posts, read 2,075,392 times
The average price for an average house in the Denver metro area is around $235k. To pay less than that you need to give up something: square feet? commute distance? good neighborhood? good schools? house quality? single family dwelling? You will be able to make that happen, and most likely it will be the commute, so figure out your commute (gas) costs and do some figurin'.

There are some cheaper areas as already mentioned, but there could be a 'fixer-upper' right where you work. The time saved on the commute can be 'invested' in fixing up the house. Wheat Ridge has a good range of prices, but few 'bargains'. However, with a good realtor, it can be done.

I went to: REcolorado.com - brought to you by Metrolist Inc.
I entered, $150k to 200k, Wheat Ridge, and got 33 returns. The houses range from 800 to 1600 square feet. In this case, you'd give up size.

I then entered Longmont and got houses up to 2,000 sf.

Old 06-07-2007, 12:55 PM

11,826 posts, read 34,430,278 times
Default Denver Home sales get boost in May

Home sales get boost in May, an article from The Denver Post, reports that volume and prices were up over the prior month and May 2006 despite closings falling short of some forecasts. Closings were up 15.5% from April and 1.4% from May 2006. Unsold homes on the market were up 4.5% from April, but down from the same month a year ago. The median price from condos was $155,000, up from $148,000 in April, but still down from $160,000 a year ago. The median single-family home price rose from $248,000 in April to $251,155 in May - slightly above the $250,943 median in May 2006. A jump in home-selling activity is typically seen in May with the market strengthening throughout the summer until it drops off sharply in September. Final sales prices are approximately 97% of the listing prices suggesting that sellers are becoming more realistic about pricing. Average days on the market is down from 110 days to 102 days.

The Denver Post - Home sales get boost in May

Old 06-10-2007, 03:33 PM

5 posts, read 22,416 times
Thanks BillRadio,

Older homes with TLC don't scare us away! Hubby and I have a "can do" attitude after living in this old beast! He's a pipefitter by trade and has learned to fix most all kinds of problems that come with an old house. A "new" (100 years newer) home would be nice but the prices are way too much for us. I will look at Recolorado and see if there might be something that might suit our needs. Still hoping for that not so fast growing town. Hubby and I will be out there this month to look around..starting in Fort Collins and working our way south..thanks again..blessings, Jamie

Old 06-24-2007, 06:26 AM

7 posts, read 43,325 times
Default Colorado

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabewest View Post
Thanks BillRadio,

Older homes with TLC don't scare us away! Hubby and I have a "can do" attitude after living in this old beast! He's a pipefitter by trade and has learned to fix most all kinds of problems that come with an old house. A "new" (100 years newer) home would be nice but the prices are way too much for us. I will look at Recolorado and see if there might be something that might suit our needs. Still hoping for that not so fast growing town. Hubby and I will be out there this month to look around..starting in Fort Collins and working our way south..thanks again..blessings, Jamie
I still say looking at smaller towns is your best bet. Except that is for resort towns. Have you considered Grand Junction, Montrose, etc. Pipe fitting jobs might be available in Garfield County, but housing a big problem and expensive. There is a lot of gas well drilling going on there, Rifle, Silt, etc. However, an average house in Silt is now $350K. A friend just bought a house south of Silt on 8 acres for $450K, this was last year. I am sure he can get more now. Hubby might check out Encana for a well job. They are drilling another 177 wells this year.

Also, I like the climate on the western slope and less population. Glenwood Springs has the big hot springs pool and is a neat town, but expensive housing. The average person can't even consider living in Glenwood, Aspen or Vail. Average house in Aspen now over $1.2 Million!!!!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver