Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2010, 01:58 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by choosing78 View Post
I live in Broomfield and it is pretty much suburbia except for what Katiana mentioned (lots of trails, open space, golf courses, etc). We chose it for the location mainly, halfway between Boulder and Denver. It's a nice safe area with all the conveniences but definitely suburban. I don't know how North (and west) of the city you're willing to go but Louisville has a great little walkable downtown.
True, although there's not much to buy there. It's mostly restaurants, boutiques, coffee shops, that sort of thing. The library is downtown, as is City Hall, and the outdoor pool is just a few blocks from downtown in "Old Town".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2010, 02:27 PM

30 posts, read 71,856 times
What about the Highlands? Search with a starting point at the intersection of 32nd & Lowell. Plenty of dogs, kids in strollers, shops, restaurants, etc. Awesome neighborhood, artsy, fun, kid-friendly, and close to all northern areas w/easy access to I-70.

Highlands Square in Historic Northwest Denver--Street Fair, Shopping, Restaurants, nightlife and more

Old 04-11-2010, 02:59 PM

38 posts, read 109,828 times
So, I just wanted to update that we just got home from Denver and after a three day endless search, we found a great home in Wash Park. I just LOVE that area and I feel like it will be a fun place to be for a year at least until we get to know the city. I LOVED the area over by University near the Bonnie Brae ice cream shop and we found a few great great homes, one that I fell in love with, but it was just more a month than we wanted to spend ($2600) So, we found a super cute home on Clarkson (a little north and west of the park) by a little area that had a great Thai restaurant where we ate one night. The rent there is $1800 with plenty of space for us. We figure we can save the $10 we'll save in rent to use as a down payment on our own home if we decide to buy next year.

We spent the first few days driving EVERYWHERE (in the city and the suburbs). I really liked Bradburn and we looked at a townhome there, but there were no other renting options and we really decided that having a home is what we really wanted and are used to. Especially because we have a big dog.

So, anyway, if anyone has any questions fire away. I just wanted to update everyone!

Old 04-11-2010, 06:09 PM

264 posts, read 702,009 times
Where from Texas are you moving from? We're considering Denver or Seattle for our move. It certainly depends on the better job situation (I can have a job in either city), but the overcast days might make Seattle run second. That being said, I'm not nuts about cold weather, but my wife loves it. Good luck with your move.

Old 04-13-2010, 08:47 AM

38 posts, read 109,828 times
We are moving from the dallas/ fort worth area. We live close to the DFW airport.

I think the snow and cold will wear on me come spring time, but overall, I really think it will be great because Denver seems to have great weather. People dont realize how cold it gets in Dallas and that its just pointless bc there is nothing fun to do outside during the winter! At least in Denver we'll be able to ski and play in the snow Good Luck on your choice!

Old 04-25-2010, 01:05 AM

19 posts, read 48,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crys5683 View Post
We are moving from the dallas/ fort worth area. We live close to the DFW airport.

I think the snow and cold will wear on me come spring time, but overall, I really think it will be great because Denver seems to have great weather. People dont realize how cold it gets in Dallas and that its just pointless bc there is nothing fun to do outside during the winter! At least in Denver we'll be able to ski and play in the snow Good Luck on your choice!
when are you moving? i too am near DFW airport and leaving Texas in June headed for CO
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver