Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2010, 08:37 AM

11,815 posts, read 34,303,497 times

Advertisements

The mature trees tend to block the view.

There are hundreds of house with views for sale. There are a few the have both mountain and city views.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2010, 09:08 AM

3,158 posts, read 6,094,514 times
If you want mature trees and mountain views, I'd suggest living closer to the mountains. In my neighborhood near Ken Caryl, the trees are mature, but the mountains are so close, you can still see them above the trees. The drawback is that I can't see the huge snowcapped mountains because the smaller mountains near my house block the view.

Old 05-01-2010, 10:10 AM

2,212 posts, read 5,139,175 times
I live in what many people would describe as "in the middle of nowhere." I like to call it SE Aurora, but once you head east from my area, there's not much else. Even with that location, I am sitting in my house right now with the blinds open and have a gorgeous view of the mountains. They're the ROCKY MOUNTAINS. They're huge. If you live on a slight incline (like I do) and your house faces west (like mine does), you can see the mountains every day except when the "brown cloud" is covering it. Today, they've got a little snow left on them and totally dominate the skyline.

Old 05-01-2010, 09:36 PM

22 posts, read 39,926 times
Default The Middle of Nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by the3Ds View Post
I live in what many people would describe as "in the middle of nowhere." I like to call it SE Aurora, but once you head east from my area, there's not much else. Even with that location, I am sitting in my house right now with the blinds open and have a gorgeous view of the mountains. They're the ROCKY MOUNTAINS. They're huge. If you live on a slight incline (like I do) and your house faces west (like mine does), you can see the mountains every day except when the "brown cloud" is covering it. Today, they've got a little snow left on them and totally dominate the skyline.

That sounds wonderful! Where is "the middle of nowhere"?

Old 05-01-2010, 09:41 PM

$367,000

http://www.recolorado.com/Search/propertyDetail.asp?mls_number=875334 (broken link)

or this one for $315,000

http://www.recolorado.com/Search/propertyDetail.asp?mls_number=874355 (broken link)

Old 05-02-2010, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish24 View Post
That sounds wonderful! Where is "the middle of nowhere"?
Ha! I said SOME people say we're in the middle of nowhere...but there's traffic EVERYWHERE as well as houses. I guess they say "the middle of nowhere" because we're as far east that the metro area goes. Look west and you've got the mountains, look east and you may as well be in Kansas since the views are the same.

I'm in SE Aurora...off Smoky Hill. It seems like this side of the city sits at a slightly higher elevation because from my deck, the Rockies absolutely dominate my view and I can see downtown too. My favorite time is the fall though, because the mountains are starting to get some snow on them and the trees all over the city are bright yellow and red and we get to see all of that from our deck. It's quite a picture.

Old 05-02-2010, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the3Ds View Post

I'm in SE Aurora...off Smoky Hill. It seems like this side of the city sits at a slightly higher elevation because from my deck, the Rockies absolutely dominate my view and I can see downtown too. My favorite time is the fall though, because the mountains are starting to get some snow on them and the trees all over the city are bright yellow and red and we get to see all of that from our deck. It's quite a picture.
I have driven by that area..the mountain views are great! How long does it take you to drive to Downtown Denver from there, evenings and weekends? Are there houses within my budget range with the view and yard (less than $400k)?

Old 05-02-2010, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bindenver View Post
$367,000

REcolorado.com - brought to you by Metrolist Inc. (http://www.recolorado.com/Search/propertyDetail.asp?mls_number=875334 - broken link)

or this one for $315,000

REcolorado.com - brought to you by Metrolist Inc. (http://www.recolorado.com/Search/propertyDetail.asp?mls_number=874355 - broken link)
Thank you. Nice houses.
I have written off Highlands Ranch from my search...too many houses too close to one another...

Old 05-02-2010, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Thank you. Nice houses.
I have written off Highlands Ranch from my search...too many houses too close to one another...
In the 20 years of being a broker I have learned a few things. You should see for yourself. Not all the houses are close to each other. It's hard to make such a big assumption about 90,000 residents.

All the suburbs are higher in elevation the the city.

Old 05-04-2010, 02:28 PM

Quote:
I have driven by that area..the mountain views are great! How long does it take you to drive to Downtown Denver from there, evenings and weekends? Are there houses within my budget range with the view and yard (less than $400k)?
Where I live, I wouldn't recommend someone drive downtown. That being said, I do have some neighbors who commute every day...though I don't think it's necessary. When we go to LoDo for a ball game or a nice dinner out, it takes 25-35 minutes from our driveway to downtown, but that's taking the toll road (470). Rush hour would be a headache and snow adds another 20 minutes minimum. To avoid the toll road, it's 45 minutes to downtown, during "off times".

With your budget, I would consider Centennial (same views). As you start to get further west into the city of Centennial, you still have the same views, but you're closer to the main freeways. The main throughfare is Arapahoe Road. To get to Arapahoe Rd from my neighborhood is about 10 minutes, then it's single-lane for a few miles. Once it opens up, it's 3 lanes, 45-55 mph which means once you're on it...it goes pretty fast. Even in "rush hour", the traffic is heavier, but you've got 3 (sometimes 4) lanes going in the same direction so if you're looking for areas, look around the meeting point of Parker Road and Arapahoe Rd. It's still elevated (mountain views), there's lots of nice neighborhoods, but you're cutting your commute from my area to downtown by 10-20 minutes which is great. You also have the option of getting on the train from different locations near Centennial which will cut your commute as well.

The neighborhoods I can think of off the top of my head are called Tuscany (it's a large one so you want to get as far west in that subdivision as you can), The Farm, Greenfield, Piney Creek. Again, the closer you live towards Parker Road or Arapahoe Road, the shorter your commute.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver