Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 05:45 PM

2 posts, read 8,632 times

Advertisements

Hi, do anybody knows the distance from phoenix to denver?? in KM or miles??

Cheers,

CT
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2008, 06:06 PM

226 posts, read 576,715 times
I think it is around 800 miles, or so. You can go to mapquest.com and type in both Phoenix and Denver, and it will show you the shortest route. It is the same for google maps.

Old 02-29-2008, 09:49 PM

45 posts, read 170,181 times
Default Driving from Phoenix to Denver in Mid March

Hello everyone,

Does anyone have any easy route recomendations for driving from Phoenix to Denver. I will save quite a few hundred $$$ by driving, but want to make sure it's feasible especially in mid March. This is not my final move yet, June is. But I need to go out there and check out the neighborhoods and figure out where I want to live and also must check out the high schools in Denver and Cherry Creek dist. for my 14yo... after all the research and spending way too much time reading the forum, I am suffering from information overload

knowing you guys, you'll prob ask me what kind of car I drive I drive a 2007 Honda Civic (I believe it has FWD)

Your advice is very much appreciated, I don't know what I'd do without all of you...

Thanks so much!

Old 02-29-2008, 09:58 PM

5,610 posts, read 23,310,736 times
I-17 to I-40 to I-25. No guarrantee you won't see snowstorms on the way. There's no way that avoids that possibility.

Old 02-29-2008, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegaspilgrim View Post
I-17 to I-40 to I-25. No guarrantee you won't see snowstorms on the way. There's no way that avoids that possibility.
Someone today told me that I should take the B-Line to avoid going through Flag... what are your thoughts? Does it really save time?

Old 03-01-2008, 12:45 AM

5,610 posts, read 23,310,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moving2CO View Post
Someone today told me that I should take the B-Line to avoid going through Flag... what are your thoughts? Does it really save time?
I've actually done that twice, coming to Phoenix from Denver, by taking I-40 to AZ-377 to 260 to 87. It might save a little bit of time, especially if you're coming from the east valley, but not much since you can't go as fast on some of those roads. I've never officially timed it so I can't say for sure. If there's snow on the roads up there I'd forget it.

Old 03-02-2008, 06:00 PM

138 posts, read 600,263 times
We too are making the trek in Mid March. We will be taking I-40 to NM-14 (Just East of ABQ) to I-25. NM-14 (The Turquoise Trail) is a bit more scenic and takes you through Cedar Crest, Golden, Madrid, etc. We've done the trip several times, but this time we're hoping there isn't any snow to get in the way as we only have a week to look at homes, check out schools and have a little fun before returning home.

Old 03-02-2008, 11:44 PM

So I chickened out and booked flights to Den AND rented a car... I did this mostly because I can only go for 4 nights/5 days and figured since I have so much driving to do in Denver Metro/burbs/Boulder, etc... it made more sense to drive, albeit I could've saved a lot by driving...

I do however have to drive in June for my final move since I am bringing my car with me... but June should be a lot better weather wise. Let me know how your drive was Thedfly. Are you also looking at High Schools by the way? Feel free to email me to chat since we're in the same boat Exciting, isn't it?? Woohoo.

Old 03-03-2008, 09:11 PM

152 posts, read 617,876 times
I just moved from PHX to Den at the end of Jan. My husband and I drove up I-17 to 40 to I-25. The worst part was from phoenix to Flag. There was a big snowstorm, but other than that it was blue skies. You'll love it here. I think CO people try to scare off everyone by saying that the weather is bad, truth is it's snowed 3 times since Jan 24th and 2 of the 3 times it's been in the middle of the night with the next morning roads clear and temps in the 40-50's with sun. No biggie. It's sort of been like a slightly colder PHX winter with occasional snow. I hear that we've been lucky though, so who knows. And now I'm rambling...

Old 03-03-2008, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katysalsa View Post
I just moved from PHX to Den at the end of Jan. My husband and I drove up I-17 to 40 to I-25. The worst part was from phoenix to Flag. There was a big snowstorm, but other than that it was blue skies. You'll love it here. I think CO people try to scare off everyone by saying that the weather is bad, truth is it's snowed 3 times since Jan 24th and 2 of the 3 times it's been in the middle of the night with the next morning roads clear and temps in the 40-50's with sun. No biggie. It's sort of been like a slightly colder PHX winter with occasional snow. I hear that we've been lucky though, so who knows. And now I'm rambling...

I AM SOOOOOOOOO JEALOUS!!! I can't wait to move there... I am visiting next week and am super psyched!!! I'll be flying out there and it's ok cause I need to be driving a lot as I check out the areas, it'll be more manageable and fun this way. I will drive in June though, for my final move.

Good luck to you, I am so glad to hear positive things!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver