U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-23-2010, 09:49 PM
 
Location: colorado
2,788 posts, read 4,894,861 times
Reputation: 3339

Advertisements

My jeeps temp paper tag was due on the May 21. So I go have my emissions done because I needed that to get my plates. I drive to 7-11 to get gas then I drive to the emissions place, when Im next in line they tell me to pull my jeep up and turn it off. So I do. You would not believe what happened after that!! my jeep wouldnt start. Works fine all this time and at this percise moment it wont start.
It turned out the starter wire was unless that was all..
But talk about being so embarassed
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-24-2010, 07:47 AM
 
Location: Aurora
357 posts, read 1,234,469 times
Reputation: 283
lol, hey, it always picks the worst possible moment. another fun moment would have been at a car wash
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-24-2010, 07:54 PM
 
Location: colorado
2,788 posts, read 4,894,861 times
Reputation: 3339
lol...your right
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-24-2010, 09:37 PM
 
Location: Wherever women are
19,011 posts, read 28,365,007 times
Reputation: 11309
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaCACO View Post
lol, hey, it always picks the worst possible moment. another fun moment would have been at a car wash
She's lucky it wasn't at the chick-fil-a drive through or worse, the airport's temporary parking lane LMAO
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-25-2010, 08:12 AM
 
Location: Aurora
357 posts, read 1,234,469 times
Reputation: 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
She's lucky it wasn't at the chick-fil-a drive through or worse, the airport's temporary parking lane LMAO
ooh yeah, those are good too
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-25-2010, 10:21 PM
 
Location: Tucson/Nogales
22,126 posts, read 26,439,146 times
Reputation: 30667
Cars, to me, are nothing more than extensions of the human race. Their headlights are nothing more than eyes to me, the wheels are their feet and they can be vengeful, when they feel it is justified.

Perhaps the OP has been abusing her vehicle lately, or abused it some time ago, and the vehicle was just waiting for the right time, right place to show some vengeance.

Perhaps it was well-deserved.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-26-2010, 01:34 PM
 
Location: Wherever women are
19,011 posts, read 28,365,007 times
Reputation: 11309
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Cars, to me, are nothing more than extensions of the human race. Their headlights are nothing more than eyes to me, the wheels are their feet and they can be vengeful, when they feel it is justified.

Perhaps the OP has been abusing her vehicle lately, or abused it some time ago, and the vehicle was just waiting for the right time, right place to show some vengeance.

Perhaps it was well-deserved.
Is this for real
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-26-2010, 05:17 PM
 
Location: Colorado
4,023 posts, read 5,225,823 times
Reputation: 8655
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepgirl27 View Post
My jeeps temp paper tag was due on the May 21. So I go have my emissions done because I needed that to get my plates. I drive to 7-11 to get gas then I drive to the emissions place, when Im next in line they tell me to pull my jeep up and turn it off. So I do. You would not believe what happened after that!! my jeep wouldnt start. Works fine all this time and at this percise moment it wont start.
It turned out the starter wire was unless that was all..
But talk about being so embarassed
You have to name your car!

If it is not the starter wire next time, check the fuses........been there and done that with my 911 turbo.....
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-26-2010, 05:18 PM
 
Location: Colorado
4,023 posts, read 5,225,823 times
Reputation: 8655
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
cars, to me, are nothing more than extensions of the human race. Their headlights are nothing more than eyes to me, the wheels are their feet and they can be vengeful, when they feel it is justified.

Perhaps the op has been abusing her vehicle lately, or abused it some time ago, and the vehicle was just waiting for the right time, right place to show some vengeance.

Perhaps it was well-deserved.

Cars definitely have personalities!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-26-2010, 06:17 PM
 
Location: Tucson/Nogales
22,126 posts, read 26,439,146 times
Reputation: 30667
I even have used thick carpet under both my cars in the garage, so their feet won't get cold in winter, and when I park in a parking ramp, up to the top deck we go, so they'll have a nice view. Wouldn't want them to get bored.

I treat both my cars well, take them to the best doctors, give them plenty of healthy exercise, there's no reason for either of them to retaliate against me for maltreating them.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:45 PM.

© 2005-2022, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top