Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa > Des Moines
 [Register]
Des Moines Dallas, Guthrie, Madison, Polk, and Warren Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 11:17 AM

24 posts, read 46,595 times

Advertisements

we will be moving to the area next year
we currently use at&t for home phone, internet, and cell service

i will need a new phone soon so i want to know how well at&t works there in that area

thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2011, 12:19 PM

2,036 posts, read 1,605,030 times
You may also want to look into cable internet and home phone. Most cable companies offer bundle pricing, and have fast internet speeds.

Old 10-25-2011, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star691 View Post
You may also want to look into cable internet and home phone. Most cable companies offer bundle pricing, and have fast internet speeds.
not sure what this means
our at&t as our home cable internet its super fast
we do bundle home and cell and internet together

i want to know if at&t gets good signal and service out there
we are in the chicago burbs now

Old 10-25-2011, 08:45 PM

116 posts, read 384,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lislemom View Post
not sure what this means

Technically AT&T does not offer cable internet but DSL or U-Verse that provides access to the internet. Cable internet is term only used by cable companies such as Comcast or Cablevision.

At&t has good service in most large towns in iowa, definitely you should be ok in des moines. But AT&T does not service iowa in landline services such as dsl or home phone. Its century link and they appear to be reliable and good service provider. You can't bundle att cell phone service with them, they partner with Verizon Wireless.

Old 10-25-2011, 09:25 PM

586 posts, read 2,185,417 times
AT & T gets horrible reception out here on the prairie. Since we just got internet services only a few short years ago, speeds are way slower than in the burbs of Chicago.

Old 10-25-2011, 09:48 PM

116 posts, read 384,353 times
I recommend to take a look at coverage map on AT&T website and type your address. Everything on there is pretty self-explanatory.

Old 10-26-2011, 09:56 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,699,483 times
Quote:
not sure what this means

"fastest internet and best phone service in west des moines area"

That's not what your title said....

And I would do some research on Century Link. Since they took over Qwest I have been reading some horror stories about terrible service, etc.

We are using Mediacom for cable/Internet and AT&T for land line (no long distance service on it).Mediacom is the usual over-priced service, but when you need someone to come out they are fairly quick about it and most of their techs are knowledgeable.

Old 10-26-2011, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
"fastest internet and best phone service in west des moines area"

That's not what your title said....

And I would do some research on Century Link. Since they took over Qwest I have been reading some horror stories about terrible service, etc.

We are using Mediacom for cable/Internet and AT&T for land line (no long distance service on it).Mediacom is the usual over-priced service, but when you need someone to come out they are fairly quick about it and most of their techs are knowledgeable.
so at&t does offer land line out there?
we would need long distance all our family is here in chicago area

thanks

Old 10-26-2011, 04:27 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,699,483 times
Quote:
so at&t does offer land line out there?
we would need long distance all our family is here in chicago area

thanks
Yes, we just don't use it because we use our cell phones for long distance. We keep the land line to the absolute minimum. Only need it for the alarm system and the police/fire finding us if we call.

Old 10-27-2011, 09:32 AM

2,401 posts, read 4,350,122 times
Mediacom is the fastest. We use them for all: cable, internet, and phone. You can usually get a pretty good introductory 1st year rate when you bundle all three.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa > Des Moines