Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa > Des Moines
 [Register]
Des Moines Dallas, Guthrie, Madison, Polk, and Warren Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 07:21 PM

24 posts, read 159,559 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekPrincess View Post
Nope, I'm standing by it. I also see nothing wrong with having some of the same friends you had in high school. I've had several of the same friends since 8th grade. They're great people and I know from all the years that I can always count on them. I think anyone who can't keep a friend more then a year or two needs to look at themselves as a person.

I also frown on living in a state where my main source of water can be cut off at any point. The beginning of the Colorado River and several other major water sources in the area are privately owned. And you need to do more research on Iowa's effect on the economy and the nations food source. The country needs Iowa and other states of the Heartland just as much as anything else. I'd like to say we'd call you up if we ever run out of dirt, but your's is pretty useless anyways.

Just where did you live in Iowa and for how long? And if wherever you live is so great why spend so much time inside on your computer trolling an Iowa message board?

I've got to step in here and I can speak from experience from both states. I was born and raised in Des Moines (Hillis, Holy Trinity, and Dowling - tho that was in WDM) and lived there for 21 years and have spent last 17 years in Ventura Co (Simi Valley) CA, just nw of LA. Also lived more than a few years in Illinois and Maine.

To say Californians have no sense of history or pride or that people here don't have friends still from high school or that land isn't in families for generations (we're talking rural land here in both states) is absolutely ridiculous. Yes, there's more of the good and bad here but let's face it, CA is 36 million vs Iowa's 3. I've had a great life in both states for different reasons in different stages of life and wouldn't trade any of it. I am very content here in CA now.

Unless you have lived in both states for any length of time, I'm not sure how useful these comments are.

Despite the main reason I am reading an Iowa message board is the basic freedom of choice to read what I want when I want, I will also say I do keep an interest in places where I have good memories.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2007, 08:45 PM

12 posts, read 55,554 times
I could ask the same of you GeekPrincess. Im in no way trolling I'd have to be saying things just to purely disrupt the board.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa > Des Moines