Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2010, 02:07 PM

364 posts, read 877,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
Wow talk about out of the frying pan and into the fire. Im sure you know that the economy of the Detroit area is terrible right now. Just wondering why you would choose to move to Detroit? If you have a job lined up I would suggest Detroits northern suburbs. Novi, Northville, Troy, Birmingham, Bloomfield to name just a few. These are nice areas, safe and clean. If you do not have a job lined up yet, then I would not move to Michigan at all. Our unemployment rate is outrageous, and unless you have a skill that is in high demand (like health care) then you will likely join the ranks of Michigans jobless. Good luck in your endevor.
I would hope that anyone who moves anywhere has a job lined up. Birmingham and Bloomfield are some of the wealthiest areas in the country, they are frequently suggested to newcomers, but without knowing the OP's financial status, I dont really think theres anything wrong with most of Detroits middle class burbs either. Unemployment is very high, but is slowly creeping down for the past several months. Down to 13% from a high of 15%.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2010, 07:10 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,930,569 times
Hope somebody's still reading this thread. I think if you have a skill you can find work in the Detroit area. If unskilled you can get on Wal-Mart's waiting list. There are some good job-search web sites you should check out. I can list some if you're interested.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit