Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2010, 04:41 PM

27 posts, read 101,839 times

Advertisements

Specifically, I am looking for a place to buy a Houston Texans jersey anywhere in the Detroit area. I would order it online, but I need it by Saturday and can't get a guaranteed delivery by then.

So far I have called all the Footlockers, Champs, and Sports Authorities in the area - no luck.

People wear NFL jersey's all the time, and not just local Lions ones. Anyone know of a place that sells jersey's from teams other than just the Lions? Help!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2010, 06:02 AM

902 posts, read 1,926,143 times
Dunham's carries some Houston stuff online , maybe you'll get lucky and find one in one of their stores

Kohl's and Target advertise Houston stuff online , you may want to check their stores . There is a store in Macomb Mall on Gratiot in Roseville called HomeTeams (inside next to Kohls) , lots of cool stuff in there as well .

http://www.hometeams.com/houstontexans.html

586-294-2300

2nd location in Birchwood Mall - Fort Gratiot , Mi

810-385-1801

Last edited by Wingnatic; 10-29-2010 at 06:15 AM..

Old 10-29-2010, 07:13 AM

4,861 posts, read 9,309,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingnatic View Post
Dunham's carries some Houston stuff online , maybe you'll get lucky and find one in one of their stores

Kohl's and Target advertise Houston stuff online , you may want to check their stores . There is a store in Macomb Mall on Gratiot in Roseville called HomeTeams (inside next to Kohls) , lots of cool stuff in there as well .

Houston Texans - Football Fan Gear, NFL Team Shop Merchandise & Apparel, NFL tailgate store

586-294-2300

2nd location in Birchwood Mall - Fort Gratiot , Mi

810-385-1801
My experience has been that the national chains like Target and Kohl's almost always offer only the local teams' apparel in their stores because the other stuff just doesn't move. I live fairly near the Ohio/Michigan border and you can't even buy Ohio State stuff in a lot of stores here. I'm not trying to discourage you, just caution you to call ahead first. I know that our local Dunham's had several college teams' hoodies available the last time I was there, not all local teams either, but the only jerseys they had were Lions, U of M, or MSU.

Good luck!

Old 10-29-2010, 07:33 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,802,285 times
There is a place downriver that sells all kinds of team wear. Unfortuantely I cannot remember the name of it. Does the team have a local supporters club of some kind? Maybe they can help you.

Old 10-29-2010, 11:39 AM

1,900 posts, read 5,905,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
There is a place downriver that sells all kinds of team wear. Unfortuantely I cannot remember the name of it. Does the team have a local supporters club of some kind? Maybe they can help you.
Is that the place on northbound Telegraph in Taylor? I'm not sure if it's still there.

Also check out Sports Authority as they may have a replica jersey as well. I bought one there a long time ago (I think it was a Raiders jersey; I've never liked Detroit teams, not even the '84 Tigers). Value City Department Store was a good source for out of town jerseys but they're gone.

Old 11-03-2010, 03:41 PM

27 posts, read 101,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by us66 View Post
Is that the place on northbound Telegraph in Taylor? I'm not sure if it's still there.

Also check out Sports Authority as they may have a replica jersey as well. I bought one there a long time ago (I think it was a Raiders jersey; I've never liked Detroit teams, not even the '84 Tigers). Value City Department Store was a good source for out of town jerseys but they're gone.
Update: I was not able to find a Texans jersey locally. However, the store us66 was talking about on Telegraph in Taylor is Sports Leader. They do carry quite a few jerseys of out of town teams and other stuff like sweatshirts, hats, tshirts...One of the employees at Champs recommended this place to me and I was able to find a Texans sweatshirt there.

Online would have been the way to go, but unfortunately I needed it ASAP. Thanks for the ideas everyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
View detailed profiles of: