Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2010, 07:55 PM

21,140 posts, read 19,722,567 times

Advertisements

Hey, at least we didn't buy it from China!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2010, 06:51 AM

2,790 posts, read 6,352,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Hey, at least we didn't buy it from China!
I imagine if Synder could figure out a way to outsource Michigan's forestry and agriculture industries to China he would!

Say good-bye MI DNR.........

Old 11-05-2010, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICoastieMom View Post
I imagine if Synder could figure out a way to outsource Michigan's forestry and agriculture industries to China he would!
And our laws (passed by both Reps. and Dems.) would allow him to. The only reason Bernero never outsourced jobs to China is because he never had to compete with China. The government doesn't have to compete with anyone; they just pass the costs on to us.

Old 11-06-2010, 07:36 AM

2,790 posts, read 6,352,683 times
And now our forestry and agriculture products can come back to us full of lead and heaven only knows what else. Your arguments don't fill me with much confidence in the new administration.

Old 11-06-2010, 08:01 AM

Well, let's see...Asian longhorned beetle, emerald ash borer, Asian carp, Dutch elm disease, chestnut blight, Kudzu, Japanese beetle, tree of heaven,...

It started long before Snyder.

Old 11-06-2010, 08:12 AM

4,861 posts, read 9,311,760 times
Quote:
And our laws (passed by both Reps. and Dems.) would allow him to. The only reason Bernero never outsourced jobs to China is because he never had to compete with China. The government doesn't have to compete with anyone; they just pass the costs on to us.
Great post!!

Old 11-06-2010, 08:13 AM

4,861 posts, read 9,311,760 times
Quote:
Well, let's see...Asian longhorned beetle, emerald ash borer, Asian carp, Dutch elm disease, chestnut blight, Kudzu, Japanese beetle, tree of heaven,...

It started long before Snyder.
And again...

Old 11-13-2010, 03:04 PM

1,497 posts, read 3,491,264 times
Talking The Ice Rink is Open!

Some friends and I walked by Campus Martius yesterday evening on our way to dinner and the ice rink is now open. It was pretty crowded last night and when I passed by this afternoon, there were quite a few people out skating today too. The weather is perfect- not too cold, but just chilly enough to set the seasonal mood!

Old 11-14-2010, 09:31 AM

8,418 posts, read 7,417,538 times
Quote:
Okay! Okay! Okay! If we're going to get all politically correct will someone please explain why in the Sam Hill the tree in Campus Martius come from New Jersey and not Michigan?!? Afterall, Michigan is the third largest producer of Christmas trees in the nation. Heck, my mom has 80 acres of big pine trees; pretty sure she could have found one for them! I think I may have to boycott it this year.
From the linked article:

Quote:
The fact that the evergreen didn’t come from Michigan — the third largest Christmas tree producer in the country — wasn’t taken as a personal affront, according to Marsha Gray, executive director of the Michigan Christmas Tree Association.

"A tree of that size is not something that is typically raised by our growers," she said. "Our trees are more for homes and offices. We’re definitely not offended; our industry won’t be hurt."
Well, you can always tell your mom that she can provide the 60 foot tall, 38 foot wide and 16,000 pound Christmas tree next year.

Old 11-14-2010, 11:18 AM

758 posts, read 1,962,183 times
Quote:
Because it might come from the sunrise side; since you think it is all made of up dirty little towns with nothing to do, why would it bother you? Or are you willing to admit that perhaps people go to the sunrise side because to enjoy the beautiful scenery where it isn't all built up like Petosky or Traverse City?
I prefer the sunrise side. The same scenery, but MUCH less built up.

I go Up North for the nature, so why would I prefer the Lake Michigan side, with all the traffic and strip malls?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit