Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2011, 01:23 PM

2 posts, read 2,682 times

Advertisements

hi my name is kathy and i am just here to say that i have had it with detroit for right now. i am a 72 yr old whit woman living on wes hollywood st at 7 mile and woodward. i dont feel safe in own home. and today my drinking water had a yelow tint to it. that mean i am probaly not safe driking water here. i am movin to redfortd in few months.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2011, 06:19 PM

1,107 posts, read 3,070,158 times
I don't think Redford has their own water plant, so the water will still be coming from Detroit like many of the other suburban communities.

Old 02-26-2011, 11:28 AM

5,739 posts, read 6,930,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kathy313 View Post
hi my name is kathy and i am just here to say that i have had it with detroit for right now. i am a 72 yr old whit woman living on wes hollywood st at 7 mile and woodward. i dont feel safe in own home. and today my drinking water had a yelow tint to it. that mean i am probaly not safe driking water here. i am movin to redfortd in few months.
FYI kathy, I had the same water problem in Hamtramck years ago. The water was normally safe but would turn up with gray sediment occasionally.
Outstate here many of us get our water from wells and always buy our drinking/cooking water.
The suburban water may be no better (check out where it comes from) and consider buying and refilling cooking water from the grocery (refills run about 40 cents/gal or less). Use tap water for bathing/cleaning. This will free you from ingesting fluoride as well (get fluoride from toothpaste).

Old 02-27-2011, 10:43 AM

76 posts, read 97,878 times
it might be your pipes...detroit has the best water in the nation....sadly, if you move out to the subarbs you will pay triple for detroit water.

detroit supplie water to entire metro area. not flint or ann arbor or jackson. i havent drank water in detroit for years because i didnt like the pipes. those apts buildings are so old...

i would tell you to move to a different part of the city...but you never know until you live there i was told drive by at night esp., on the weekends, and but a brita water filter or a pitcher.

Old 02-28-2011, 09:56 AM

21,097 posts, read 19,692,053 times
That yellow tint comes from the clay in the soil. They were probably doing some water main repair in your area. Run your water until it runs clear. If it takes more than a few minutes, they may still be working on it, so wait awhile and repeat.

As for the crime, all you have to do is read all the posts by detroitlove and all the crime will magically disappear. smh

Old 02-28-2011, 03:17 PM

Location: Detroit's eastside, downtown Detroit in near future!
2,053 posts, read 4,391,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
That yellow tint comes from the clay in the soil. They were probably doing some water main repair in your area. Run your water until it runs clear. If it takes more than a few minutes, they may still be working on it, so wait awhile and repeat.

As for the crime, all you have to do is read all the posts by detroitlove and all the crime will magically disappear. smh
why thank you for thinking about me so much you mentioned me on a thread I didn't even comment on

Old 02-28-2011, 07:38 PM

21,097 posts, read 19,692,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitlove View Post
why thank you for thinking about me so much you mentioned me on a thread I didn't even comment on
why I think about you all the time, my dear
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit