Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2011, 06:33 AM

1,497 posts, read 3,491,570 times

Advertisements

This is Jennifer Conlin's piece on traveling Detroit. It's a very informative writeup for those of you considering taking a trip to Detroit. Most of the places she went I would have hand-selected myself. She featured some of best spots in Detroit, but not your typical "touristy" destinations.

36 Hours in Detroit - NYTimes.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2011, 06:37 PM

2,534 posts, read 2,256,488 times
Glad to read some good news about Detroit for a change. This city has been through enough crisis already. Thanks for this post.

Old 05-06-2011, 09:12 PM

161 posts, read 521,009 times
Hey, I totally started the same thread here last night! Not to be a jerk, but I did! Anyway, I will ask the same question I posed there, although ForStarters has already indicated that he, at least, thinks it's a good list. Cool! I was wondering about the places the author chose and was interested in hearing all of your opinions on them.

And a moderator can feel free to delete that other thread!

Old 05-06-2011, 09:38 PM

I think the observation was fair since it is obvious that she wanted to write a review highlighting Detroit's good qualities. I've been to some of the places she reviewed and would not disagree with her reviews. The article just appears to be a positive review of entertainment in Detroit that's about it. It's a basic review and I honestly can't read more into it.

Old 05-06-2011, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookup138 View Post
I think the observation was fair since it is obvious that she wanted to write a review highlighting Detroit's good qualities. I've been to some of the places she reviewed and would not disagree with her reviews. The article just appears to be a positive review of entertainment in Detroit that's about it. It's a basic review and I honestly can't read more into it.
I don't live in Detroit, but I'm planning to visit. I just wanted second opinions or more details about certain places, that's it. I wasn't reading anything else into it, just curious.

Old 05-06-2011, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by East Coaster View Post
I don't live in Detroit, but I'm planning to visit. I just wanted second opinions or more details about certain places, that's it. I wasn't reading anything else into it, just curious.
Okay.

Old 05-09-2011, 01:09 PM

BBC Travel article, too!

BBC - Travel - The rebirth of Detroit amid modern-day ruins : Arts & Architecture
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
View detailed profiles of: