Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2011, 07:17 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,670,228 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
Lots of miserceptions here.

If we would make it easier for people to come here legally, and to encourage the people whom we want here to come here, then maybe we woudl not get only immigrants who are willing to break our laws. What we need to do is to make it easier for the good law abiding people to ome here rather than the desperate who come here in voilation of our laws and begin their life in America as lawbreakers.
I just wanted to comment on this particular statement.

I don't think our immigration system is to blame. It is not easy to immigrate to Canada either and you don't see the same invasion that is taking place here, there. We have the right to dictate the rules, to have standards....just like any other nation in this world. We also allow give residency to over a million people each year which is a lot more than most countries in the world.

They come here because they know they can get away with it. Come on, we have president after president who choose to ignore the law and keep this country from the invasion that has taken place. Now we have one who goes to El Paso and declares the border secure - when we all know it is all a lie. Not only that but he's advocating for amnesty.

We are like , the joke of the world now.

People keep coming here illegally in hopes that the same amnesty that took place in 1986 will happen all over again.

With that being said, I think we should slow down on the legal immigration side because of our current unemployment rate. We need to find jobs for Americans and legal residents that are already here. We can't keep bringing more people over while our own folks are struggling on a daily basis.

Old 05-13-2011, 07:35 PM

48 posts, read 70,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiroptera View Post
I do too. it irritates me to no end.

However, I did a lot of my growing up as an America/Euro expat and still know many of these people overseas who won't learn the local language...it's still pretty much astonishing to me that someone would grow and thrive in a country and not learn the language, but it happens.

I have zero, no, little regard for a long-term resident of any county who refuses to learn the language. I think it is rude in the extreme.

"Peacechild" (LOL) I wasn't trying tp justify anything. I was merely pointing out that the U.S. has no official language. That is all.

Once again, reading comprehension fail on your part. Are you sure English is your native language? I think you might want to look into English comprehension classes, to be honest. You appear to be having trouble with basic English.
Actually, I was in a car accident a few years ago and have a brain injury. That is the reason my comprehension, grammar, spelling, etc.. is off kilter. Although, considering I couldn't even speak for a long time afterward, I am thrilled to have come this far. Believe me, it's not something you want to go through.

Old 05-13-2011, 07:49 PM

6,191 posts, read 18,133,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceChild1957 View Post
Actually, I was in a car accident a few years ago and have a brain injury. That is the reason my comprehension, grammar, spelling, etc.. is off kilter. Although, considering I couldn't even speak for a long time afterward, I am thrilled to have come this far. Believe me, it's not something you want to go through.
Well....then perhaps you should abstain from online discussions, Or add a disclaimer to your profile.

No doubt it's a wonderful achievement for you but if you are not playing with a full deck, it's pretty much a loser move to pretend like you are, then claim "ooops! I am mentally impaired, actually, so don't take me seriously!" when you are challenged.

Old 05-13-2011, 08:04 PM

48 posts, read 70,537 times
Quote:
Well....then perhaps you should abstain from online discussions, Or add a disclaimer to your profile.

No doubt it's a wonderful achievement for you but if you are not playing with a full deck, it's pretty much a loser move to pretend like you are, then claim "ooops! I am mentally impaired, actually, so don't take me seriously!" when you are challenged.
Would you like to see my MRI? I may be a little slow to comprehend certain things now, but I will tell you this, I have worked really hard to get where I am today. Is this what you tell all disabled people you come upon?

You are useless POS.

Old 05-14-2011, 08:58 AM

I am sorry, that was very rude of me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceChild1957 View Post
Would you like to see my MRI? I may be a little slow to comprehend certain things now, but I will tell you this, I have worked really hard to get where I am today. Is this what you tell all disabled people you come upon?

You are useless POS.

Old 05-14-2011, 09:17 AM

50,164 posts, read 46,859,284 times
Quote:
I am sorry, that was very rude of me.
Ya think? Useless personal attacks have no use in any debate as it is deflection and means that you are out of material.

Old 05-14-2011, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Ya think? Useless personal attacks have no use in any debate as it is deflection and means that you are out of material.
I apologised and my apology is sincere; it was rude and unecessary for me to say what I said to Peace.

Calling me a worthless POS or your above pithy ad hominem attack are somewhat justified and duly noted, although they don't add anything valuable to the debate either.

Can we move on now?

Old 05-15-2011, 02:34 PM

541 posts, read 983,235 times
want to find out if their illegal...get out of your car with three friends and start yelling "la migra"if they don't run,their good...

Old 05-15-2011, 08:13 PM

21,100 posts, read 19,627,880 times
"Legal" Americans are doing more harm to this country than the "illegals" could ever dream of doing.

Old 05-16-2011, 01:42 AM
Yac

6,049 posts, read 7,713,085 times
We have both Legal and Illegal Immigration forums where you can discuss all immigration related issues.
Thread Closed.
Yac.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit