Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 05:36 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,378,169 times

Advertisements

I like Canton but have only visited a few time since moving to NC. Is it still a nice place to live? How are the schools and the single night life for a 30 year old female?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2010, 10:59 AM

272 posts, read 722,066 times
I can't say about the night life or schools. But I have been in the area a lot, and find it for the most part to be a nice place.

Old 05-06-2010, 11:41 AM

30,702 posts, read 79,395,586 times
Cantons is nice. It is just subdivisions and strip malls, but quite nice in that regard. Any night life that you will find will be at stip mall bars or resturaunts. Not a real hopping place. However it is close to Ann Arbor where there is always something going on.

The Plymouth/Canton school district is very very good. Part of Canton is in another school district which I am told is nto very good at all. You can get statistics on Citydata and elsehwere on the internet, but stastics tell only a portion of the stroy. You need to visit the schools and talk with parents.

Old 05-06-2010, 04:44 PM

92,113 posts, read 122,326,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
Cantons is nice. It is just subdivisions and strip malls, but quite nice in that regard. Any night life that you will find will be at stip mall bars or resturaunts. Not a real hopping place. However it is close to Ann Arbor where there is always something going on.

The Plymouth/Canton school district is very very good. Part of Canton is in another school district which I am told is nto very good at all. You can get statistics on Citydata and elsehwere on the internet, but stastics tell only a portion of the stroy. You need to visit the schools and talk with parents.
Some of it is in the Van Buren(Belleville) SD and some of it is zoned for the Wayne-Westland SD. Canton Charter Township, Michigan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Test Scores for Wayne-Westland Community School District | GreatSchools
Test Scores for Van Buren Public Schools | GreatSchools

Old 09-11-2010, 03:19 PM

40 posts, read 83,913 times
no

Old 09-11-2010, 03:28 PM

20,899 posts, read 19,378,807 times
Sounds like somebody (ahem ^^) had their petunias pissed on.

Old 10-05-2010, 12:59 PM

36 posts, read 63,403 times
I currently live here and I grew up here as well. Not much "nightlife" maybe one club and a few bars. The area is larger with a lot more businesses (and traffic).

The schools in my opinion really prepared me for college both academically and socially (due to the 6,000 students at the high school).

Old 10-05-2010, 02:43 PM

937 posts, read 2,826,248 times
Canton is going to be experiencing big chances as the city faces a HUGE budget deficit. Expect layoffs in the public safety sector.

Old 10-06-2010, 05:58 AM

1,452 posts, read 2,977,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singlelady10 View Post
I like Canton but have only visited a few time since moving to NC. Is it still a nice place to live? How are the schools and the single night life for a 30 year old female?
Wow, are you considering moving back? I moved south just over a year ago after living in MI for 41 years. I am in Fort Mill, SC - just over the border from Charlotte and absolutely love it down here. I can honestly say nothing will make me move back (or anywhere else for that matter).

I thought Canton was a nice area, but thought it was lacking in the night life department. If you like to go out often you might want to be in an area with a downtown. But it seemed like a good area to raise a child.

Old 02-15-2011, 02:46 AM

10 posts, read 24,494 times
Default Information on apartments in Canton

Can you help with information on Canton, Belleville, Ypsilanti? I will be relocating there soon and am looking for a safe place on a tiny budjet. I must live within 20 minutes of Willow Run Airport. Any suggestions on which places to avoid, and which places to look out of the many apartment complex choices? Any help would be appreciated!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit