Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Favorate Mall?
Brairwood Mall- Ann Arbor 0 0%
Eastland Center- Harper Woods 2 5.41%
Fairlane Town Center- Dearborn 5 13.51%
Great Lakes Crossing- Auburn Hills 5 13.51%
Green Oak Village- Brighton 0 0%
Lakeside Mall- Sterling Heights 5 13.51%
Laurel Park Place- Livonia 1 2.70%
Macomb Mall- Roseville 2 5.41%
Northland Center- Southfield 2 5.41%
Oakland Mall- Troy 2 5.41%
Patridge Creek- Clinton 6 16.22%
Renissance Center- Detroit 2 5.41%
Somerset Collection- Troy 13 35.14%
Southland Center- Taylor 2 5.41%
Tel- Twelve Shopping Center- Southfield 0 0%
Twelve Mile Crossing At Fountain Walk- Novi 1 2.70%
Twelve Oaks Mall- Novi 6 16.22%
Village of Rochester Hills- Rochester Hills 0 0%
Westland Center- Westland 0 0%
Greektown- Detroit 2 5.41%
Eastern Market- Detroit 3 8.11%
The Village on Kercheval Ave- Grosse Pointe 0 0%
Old Woodward Ave- Birmingham 2 5.41%
Main street- Royal Oak 2 5.41%
Main street- Rochester 0 0%
West Main Street- Northville 0 0%
Main Street- Plymouth 1 2.70%
Mall of Monroe- Monroe 1 2.70%
Genesse Valley Center- Flint 0 0%
Birch Run Premium Outlets- Birch Run 2 5.41%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2011, 07:26 PM

1,107 posts, read 3,070,332 times

Advertisements

Birch Run for sure. They have the pepperidge farm store there. I'm surprise none of the girls also pick this place. All the girls I know love shopping there as they can get good deals on coach purses and designer shoes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2011, 10:03 PM

3,671 posts, read 5,883,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LP10 View Post
What About Devonshire In Windsor, Thats My Favorite.
The Canadian malls didn't make the list since they don't include other countries in metro areas, even if it's right across the river. Realistically metro Detroit area is 5.7 million and is the 7th largest metro area. But thanks for the input.

Old 09-03-2011, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwo85 View Post
Birch Run for sure. They have the pepperidge farm store there. I'm surprise none of the girls also pick this place. All the girls I know love shopping there as they can get good deals on coach purses and designer shoes.
Maybe because it's further from Detroit then most other malls

Old 09-04-2011, 10:56 AM

7,237 posts, read 12,737,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvinStrong313 View Post
The Canadian malls didn't make the list since they don't include other countries in metro areas, even if it's right across the river. Realistically metro Detroit area is 5.7 million and is the 7th largest metro area. But thanks for the input.
5.8 Million actually just including Essex County, Lambton County and Chatham-Kent.

And if we included Lenawee County again, it would be 5.9 Million.

Of course, this is based on the CSA, not the MSA, which is the general measure for a region's population.

Old 09-04-2011, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 313Weather View Post
5.8 Million actually just including Essex County, Lambton County and Chatham-Kent.

And if we included Lenawee County again, it would be 5.9 Million.

Of course, this is based on the CSA, not the MSA, which is the general measure for a region's population.
Yea Detroit kind of got cheated since part of their metro is in another country lol

Old 09-05-2011, 08:50 PM

1,900 posts, read 5,903,387 times
I'm not far from Partridge. It's a nice place, but I don't go much; I think it's my bias against the east side. I haven't been in Lakeside in a couple of months, and even then it was for only a few minutes. For malling, I usually drive right by Lakeside and go to Lakes Crossing out in Auburn Hills, even though it's soooo far away comparatively speaking. I used to go to Oakland predominantly but the mall stores are more oriented towards the ethnic and urban markets than are our tastes. If I'm going to big box stores, I go over that way a lot, though, just not so much into the mall. Macomb Mall is okay but kind of dumpy, and one night I went into Sears there were no lights on in the parking lot. Eastland is weird- the crowds at the anchors are much different than in the mall proper. Sometimes I feel safe; sometimes less so. It's my usual Lowe's and Target. I've been there twice on days where gunfire broke out. 12 Oaks and Laurel Park are genuinely nice places.

Old 09-06-2011, 12:24 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,764,742 times
Somerset is a really beautiful mall as far as shopping malls go. Probably the nicest I have seen in the US. However I tend to avoid malls when possible.

I am surprised to see Southland selected. It has a decenct collection of stores, but it appears merely adequate more than nice. It is the only mall in the area however.

Fairlane scares me. It is big and daunting and people sometimes act a little crazy there. While eating a a restaurant there I was told "You do not want to be around here at night" by the waitress. I never had the opportunity to go at night and find out, but we did go to a movie there once and had a blast. The audience was interacting with the movie like I have never seen before. It was just a so so movie, but they were yelling at the characters and making comments. THe audience was more entertaining than the movie was. I do not know if that is normal there or not. Only went once.

I grew up going to twelve oaks. When it was new it was a big deal. The biggest mall in _______ (I forget). We loved it. I go there now and find it crowded disorganized and claustrophobic. I am not sure whether it has changed. I know that I have.

There is a fairly nice mall just outside of Toledo that we go to sometimes. It is a Westfield mall. It is probably the closest nicest mall near us. However usually, Southland is more than enough mall for me. Why travel further to be miserable? Personally I try to do all of hte necessary shopping in little local stores. Get in, grab the thing, get out. THe less time involved, the happier I am. Malls are an automatic 3 hour ordeal, often more.

Old 09-07-2011, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by us66 View Post
I'm not far from Partridge. It's a nice place, but I don't go much; I think it's my bias against the east side. I haven't been in Lakeside in a couple of months, and even then it was for only a few minutes. For malling, I usually drive right by Lakeside and go to Lakes Crossing out in Auburn Hills, even though it's soooo far away comparatively speaking. I used to go to Oakland predominantly but the mall stores are more oriented towards the ethnic and urban markets than are our tastes. If I'm going to big box stores, I go over that way a lot, though, just not so much into the mall. Macomb Mall is okay but kind of dumpy, and one night I went into Sears there were no lights on in the parking lot. Eastland is weird- the crowds at the anchors are much different than in the mall proper. Sometimes I feel safe; sometimes less so. It's my usual Lowe's and Target. I've been there twice on days where gunfire broke out. 12 Oaks and Laurel Park are genuinely nice places.
Was this around christmas season at Eastland because I saw it on the news and said it wasn't the first time that SEASON. Its probably one of the reasons people don't think about malls being built in the city limits of Detroit. Take Ford City Mall or Evergreen Plaza in Chicago for example, things constantly go on around there so much so that even normal local teenagers don't even want to shop there anymore in fear of being robbed or jumped on for wearing the wrong color smh its sad. and I need to see 12 how is it different from when it was revised?

Old 09-07-2011, 04:38 PM

902 posts, read 1,925,668 times
My favorite Mall is .................. all of them that my wife goes to that doesn't include me tagging along

Old 09-07-2011, 06:22 PM

46 posts, read 125,489 times
I would say Somerset is the best mall in the metro area for luxury-high priced shopping and Great Lakes Crossing is great for discounts/great deals shopping. Both malls are pretty great and are in good locations. The worse would be Oakland Mall for me; it just feels so outdated and similar to what Summit Place Mall in Waterford was like before it closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit