Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2011, 09:34 AM

530 posts, read 1,551,321 times

Advertisements

zthat,

Give him a call -

Early, Kevin : Behavioral Sciences
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2011, 07:52 PM

21,132 posts, read 19,707,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
So why didn't Mr. early run inside his house? Why couldn't the robbers get inside his house? Does he lock the house when outside raking leaves? I never have my keys in my pocket when outside working in the yard...why didn't his neighbors come out and stop this crime?

How much does he want for his house? Think he will take 60% market value?

Well Mr. Early is mistaken if this doesn't happen in the suburbs.
Yeah, blame the victim.

()

Old 12-02-2011, 03:38 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,219,613 times
Just questions that weren't answered. Blame? Not sure what asking questions have to do with blame. Surely you are not saying having keys in his pocket caused these 3 outstanding citizens to pull guns? There is NO correlation at all between Mr. Easy's actions and the actual event, therefore blame cannot be place nor implied. Obviously MEAP scores are not what they ought to be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmax View Post
zthat,

Give him a call -

Early, Kevin : Behavioral Sciences

I hear he is looking for a place in Livoinia...Rosedale Gardens off Plymouth Road and Merriman.

Old 12-02-2011, 06:02 AM

zthat,

Early is a friendly guy isn't he?

If you are a product engineer I have a feeling Rake Rifles, Shovel Shotguns or perhaps single shot key-less remote clickers would be big sellers for the safety first market.

Old 12-02-2011, 10:59 AM

5 posts, read 13,249 times
That depends on many factors. The term scary sounds as though it comes from an outsider, which I assume you are. There are places that are great, good, and all types of bad... but you'll have to do a little legwork. There are places to fine crime data online, but I suggest coming on down and get your feet wet.

Keep in mind, the socio-economic factors that affect different sectors affect the answer you're going to get. No disrespect to those who posted, but it's all in who you ask. In my travels around the country... I've seen much worse. Good luck.

Old 12-02-2011, 12:26 PM

Well of course "scary" is subjective. Nobody is passing judgment. It's an open question.

If you send your kids to Detroit schools they may or may not experience the following.

Beatings Inside Detroit Middle School Bathroom, So Called 30-Second Game

Family Wants Action from the School District

A teenage girl is battered and beaten inside a Detroit school restroom while other girls watch and record the whole thing. However, this isn't the first time this girl has been assaulted at school. Her family says administrators know about the fighting and chose to look the other way.

Beatings Inside Detroit Middle School Bathroom, So Called 30-Second Game (http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news/local/girl-pummeled-inside-detroit-school-bathroom-20111130-ms - broken link)

Old 12-02-2011, 12:55 PM

4,647 posts, read 8,599,691 times
That doesn't seem scary but more of a failure of DPS to enforce what they're supposed to enforce. You can find plenty of schools where kids do stupid things, but a school district has the responsibility to punish and discipline the kids who do such stupid things and make the parents aware of what they're doing so that the parents can take action.

The bigger problem is that DPS is trying to have a good "public image" but they're doing more harm than good. This story is a good example.

A local teacher fired for doing the right thing!

DPS firing people for doing what they're supposed to do? Obeying the law? Being a morally right person? Now that's scary!

Old 12-19-2012, 03:08 PM

112 posts, read 500,913 times
Detroit is probably as scarey as any major city in the US. There are some areas even the cops don't like to travel to. If you must go, keep your eyes open and don't put yourself in a vulnerable position. Best to have company with you too.

Old 12-19-2012, 06:48 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,933,978 times
OK I ran across this little promo piece yesterday, courtesy of Buick. You locals might know these people.
Roundtable

Old 12-22-2012, 12:53 PM

7,357 posts, read 11,762,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SadieMirsade View Post

Where there is no drugs, there is no addicts.

I would turn this backwards and say that where there are no addicts, there are no drugs. Addicts like to spread the blight around. They are also the recruiters -- if they can ghet someone else hooked, there's a new business connection for them.

I have been all over the Detroit area, and a lot of the scariest-looking areas are really OK to be in. They do lack ambience, that's for sure. But a lot of the prettier, more affluent areas are just plain hostile. I have never been in danger anyhwre I've been, day or night, regardless of the neighborhood -- except when I was in my not-choosy-about-friends period and riding in a car with a stoner at the wheel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit