Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2012, 02:10 PM

10 posts, read 38,758 times

Advertisements

[SIZE=3]Hi, I was wondering if anyone has experience living at Riverfront towers. The only site I’m able to find reviews on is here. Normally people don’t review something online unless they have complaints so I’m unsure if these are completely un-bias. I’m looking for good views, a downtown location, quiet, and safe (for myself and from car break-ins). Thanks in advance.[/SIZE]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2012, 03:04 PM

4,647 posts, read 8,541,445 times
The area is pretty okay. Probably somewhat shady at night if there's not too many people around. It has secured parking and you probably won't have to worry about your car.

Two of the towers are rentals and the third are condos. The rental towers have been going through foreclosure and improvements haven't happened for a while. Whatever management there was, they seemed to be collecting rents and not paying the bank and not maintaining the place like they were supposed to. However, it's been said that once the bank does what it can do to right the situation, improvements will probably get done (or they may have already been done but I'm unaware of them).

I don't say it to discourage you from the place, it's a great place to live, but that's one of the troubles it's going through that you should be aware of especially if you plan on renting.

Old 02-10-2012, 03:57 PM

1,497 posts, read 3,475,236 times
You might consider Millender Center: http://millender.com/ or Detroit City Apts: http://www.villagegreen.com/detroit/...tments/photos/
I think they may offer what you are looking for.

Old 02-10-2012, 04:29 PM

102 posts, read 234,599 times
When I was looking back in December I was really impressed with Detroit City Apartments - They were doing a multimillion renovation as recently as December/Janauary floor by floor but didn't have any 2 bedrooms available so I had to go elsewhere. Each unit has large balconies, a rooftop firepit/pool, covered/attached parking and walking distance to downtown. And the prices were much better than most things downtown. I'd ignore reviews on DCA apartments - just because they've basically gutted floor by floor within the past six months (so old complaining is irrelevant). I ended up listening to coworkers and getting a place in Noro (North Royal Oak - the new moniker per the agent) and its souless and can't wait for the lease to expire this year to get downtown.

Old 02-13-2012, 11:24 AM

10 posts, read 38,758 times
I actually can't find any reviews of this property. Where did you find them?

Old 02-15-2012, 11:05 AM

3,120 posts, read 8,032,315 times
Be prepared to spend a lot of money on gasoline so that you can drive out to the suburbs to do your grocery (and other) shopping. If you have job lined up in downtown Detroit then it's probably a wash.

Old 02-15-2012, 11:23 AM

102 posts, read 234,599 times
I fell for the "grocery" trap to when deciding on Royal Oak - and truth to be told - I only go once every week to once every 2 weeks - so it's definitely not really a big deal. I'm not sure of anyone who grocery shops daily. You just hit up the Market on Sat or the grocery store and you're good w/ produce for the week. I'd rather live somewhere cool than be 3 blocks from a Meijer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit