Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2012, 07:55 PM

7 posts, read 12,806 times

Advertisements

Did anyone else happen to see tonight's new episode of Parking Wars? The first segment showed the owner of Sweetwater Tavern's completely embarassing reaction to his car getting booted for unpaid tickets. It's sad, as I've eaten there many times before (AMAZING wings!), but seeing his complete lack of accountability, childishness and shameful rudeness, I'm not sure I way to patronize his bar again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2012, 08:16 PM

351 posts, read 797,265 times
just watched it myself. All the people were horrible and disrespectful and unwilling to take responsibility. Sweetwater dude was bad no doubt........

Old 02-12-2012, 01:43 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,223,196 times
May be he should just take his business into the burbs? Look at how much money he brings into the city, not to mention jobs, taxes and possible political contributions to folks like Charlie Pugh and Joann Watson..

Old 02-12-2012, 02:19 PM

117 posts, read 189,438 times
Er, you probably shouldn't decide what businesses you want to patronize from a reality tv show, which are all heavily edited.

Old 02-12-2012, 03:07 PM

4,647 posts, read 8,600,716 times
I dunno, the guy seemed like a normal Detroiter to me. Never known someone to actually like the city government and how they operate.

Old 02-12-2012, 03:16 PM

117 posts, read 189,438 times
And aren't parking tickets in Detroit basically impossible to pay for? I don't drive, but a boss I had told me that she got a parking ticket in Detroit like early last year and couldn't pay it. Like, she sent in multiple checks to pay the ticket and the city would never cash them and she would call them all the time and try to get it settled but the city would still never cash the check! Seems like anger would be a legitimate response.

Old 02-12-2012, 03:36 PM

4,647 posts, read 8,600,716 times
Yep, heard of that happening multiple times. It's probably no coincidence that a reality show would choose Detroit for that purpose. If there's already hidden resentment then it wouldn't be hard to see someone dramatically blow up on camera at some point.

At one point in time they didn't even allow people to park on the street in order to "protect the public from car break ins". Does that make sense to anyone?

Some Detroit Street Parking Off Limits This Weekend (http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news/local/some-detroit-street-parking-off-limits-this-weekend-20120113-ms - broken link)

Old 02-26-2012, 07:43 PM

1 posts, read 4,463 times
Yeah.... I checked out this episode out today on VOD (video on demand). I had to rewind it a few times to actually listen to what he was saying. THIS MAN IS A STRAIGHT UP RACIST!! No accountability & no excuses for his behavior OR DEGRADING COMMENTS!!!

It's not even an issue that he was on a Reality show, but the language used & his actions taken were WAYYYYY over the top & unnacceptable.

He made several OUT OF LINE comments, when the females booted his blue minivan due to him NOT paying his parking tickets.

He tried to insult the worker by asking if she made $8.00 an hour...she had a great come back with no..$5.00 lol

He was ANGRY, OUT OF CONTROL & bleeped out... "Half the time these M** F** don't work around here".... (as if black folk don't work)
uhhhh excuse me (BUT THESE M*F* are helping his establishment stay afloat..I saw a few enter the establishment as he was ranting. I'm SURE he accepted THEIR money!)

Then he ATTEMPTS to belittle the women by telling them to take the ticket & SHOVE IT UP THEIR (heehaws).. WOW!! R-E-A-L-L-Y??

What a CLASS ACT HE WAS!! His vehicle NEEDED to be towed!

IGNORANCE is not a reason to be disrespectful to City Workers b/c of your OWN actions.

Old 02-26-2012, 10:41 PM

Location: Detroit's eastside, downtown Detroit in near future!
2,053 posts, read 4,394,799 times
can we say......REALITY TV!

Old 02-27-2012, 07:53 PM

2,006 posts, read 3,319,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phllygrl475 View Post
Yeah.... I checked out this episode out today on VOD (video on demand). I had to rewind it a few times to actually listen to what he was saying. THIS MAN IS A STRAIGHT UP RACIST!! No accountability & no excuses for his behavior OR DEGRADING COMMENTS!!!

He was ANGRY, OUT OF CONTROL & bleeped out... "Half the time these M** F** don't work around here".... (as if black folk don't work)
uhhhh excuse me (BUT THESE M*F* are helping his establishment stay afloat..I saw a few enter the establishment as he was ranting. I'm SURE he accepted THEIR money!)
It sounds like you are angry, as well. You haven't indicated why you have concluded the man was racist. The only specific thing you told us is that he serves people of all races at his establishment. That would indicate that he is not a racist.

His comment about workers is true, so I don't understand why you would be offended.

Quote:
Officially, Detroit’s unemployment rate is 27%, but the Detroit News suggests that nearly half of this city’s working-age population may be unemployed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
View detailed profiles of: