U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2012, 10:56 AM

2,990 posts, read 4,964,388 times

Advertisements

Being within a 20 mile radius of Plymouth would potentially put you in Detroit or Ann Arbor, or about a dozen other cities!

It's only about 20 minutes from Plymouth to Detroit and 20 minutes from Plymouth to Ann Arbor.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2012, 07:08 PM

5 posts, read 59,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnynonos View Post
Being within a 20 mile radius of Plymouth would potentially put you in Detroit or Ann Arbor, or about a dozen other cities!

It's only about 20 minutes from Plymouth to Detroit and 20 minutes from Plymouth to Ann Arbor.
Gotcha. Thank for the help everyone!

Old 08-11-2012, 01:40 AM

3,671 posts, read 5,508,076 times
Rush hour traffic on I-94 between Ann Arbor and Detroit can be ok to pretty bad depending on which direction you are going at which time. Rain or snow during rush hour yea your probably looking an an hour. Blizzard, ice storm, hard rain, dense fog, very bad accident, ect during rush hour= hell on earth. It's not all the time that it takes almost 2 hours to get from Ann Arbor to Detroit but when it's something major effecting traffic during rush hour it's not uncommon. But the traffic is usually ok for the most part between the two outside of rush hour. But that may change once they start reconstructing the entire I-94 west of downtown all the way to Ann Arbor I believe. I forgot when they said they were going to start but I can imagine that is not going to be a great commute during rush hour.

Old 10-24-2012, 08:22 AM

5 posts, read 59,695 times
Default Relocation Update

Hello all - I just wanted to send a quick update. We ended up finding a gorgeous home in Plymouth and we absolutely LOVE IT HERE! Anything and everything is no more than a 5/10 minute drive. It takes me 25 minutes to get downtown D for work - maybe 35 with stop and go traffic. I take 275 to 96 and it's a straight shot.

There is always something to do. Downtown Plymouth is amazing. We frequent Detroit as much as we can, the restaurants are awesome. We've had NO problems walking in/around the city and have enjoyed every minute of it. No regrets what-so-ever. Thanks again!

Old 10-24-2012, 08:42 AM

30,324 posts, read 75,317,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnynonos View Post

Maybe if you do 150 on the freweway portion of the commute. Mty brother took 40-50 minutes when he made the commute for five or six years.

DTW is not Detroit, you still have 20 minutes to go from there.

Old 10-24-2012, 08:53 AM

4,958 posts, read 6,893,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billups View Post
Hello all - I just wanted to send a quick update. We ended up finding a gorgeous home in Plymouth and we absolutely LOVE IT HERE! Anything and everything is no more than a 5/10 minute drive. It takes me 25 minutes to get downtown D for work - maybe 35 with stop and go traffic. I take 275 to 96 and it's a straight shot.

There is always something to do. Downtown Plymouth is amazing. We frequent Detroit as much as we can, the restaurants are awesome. We've had NO problems walking in/around the city and have enjoyed every minute of it. No regrets what-so-ever. Thanks again!
This is great to hear!
Good for you!

Old 10-25-2012, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
Maybe if you do 150 on the freweway portion of the commute. Mty brother took 40-50 minutes when he made the commute for five or six years.

DTW is not Detroit, you still have 20 minutes to go from there.
Your brother drives like an 80 year old lady.

It depends on traffic but on most days you can get from Plymouth to Grand Circus Park in 30 minutes. City limits, 20 easy.

Old 10-31-2012, 08:58 AM

3,763 posts, read 12,035,272 times
I could get from Plymouth Road (in Ann Arbor) near US 23 to Wayne State campus in under 1 hour, easily - as long as I left just before rush hour.

I can easily believe Plymouth to Detroit (city limits) within 20 minutes, due to Plymouth's proximity to I-96. A lot of people forget about that freeway, and take I-94 which needlessly takes you way out of your way.

Old 10-31-2012, 11:11 AM

30,324 posts, read 75,317,389 times
UNless you hit only green lights, it will take you 10 minutes to get on the freeway. Another five to ten to get off, get to parking and park. It definitely takes more than 5 minutes on the freeway to go form Plymouth to Detroit. Google has it at 27 minutes with no traffic and no consturction. .

Old 10-31-2012, 06:38 PM

A lot of the suburbs in Plymouth are less than 5 minutes away from 96, particularly around Sheldon and Ann Arbor Trail.

Traffic heading into the city isn't exactly like heading into Los Angeles; often there is no congestion at all, even in rush hour. At least that's how it used to be. Maybe it's different now.

It just depends where you are going in Detroit.

Even on Google, from downtown Plymouth to Grand Circus Park it's a 32 minute prediction.

So if you are a slow driver, it may take you longer.

If you are a normally aggressive driver you are looking at less than half an hour.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit