Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you ever go up to a homeowner and give them your info in case they ever want to sell their hom
Yes! 1 20.00%
Yes, I've done it before. 2 40.00%
Maybe, IF I really like the home. 2 40.00%
No, absolutely not! 0 0%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2012, 04:38 PM

5 posts, read 7,840 times

Advertisements

We are looking to buy a home in Milford, MI. Just like most home buyers, I've been scouring the web and waiting for new listings to come up. However, I recently spoke to a former resident about find homes for sale in Milford. She said that there are times where homeowners choose not to list their homes and just let their realtor know that their home is for sale. Also, she said that if you really like a house, that it is a good idea to let that homeowner know in case they are ever looking to sell. Both of these things seem odd to me, but has anyone had any experiences or feedback about this?

We are serious buyers and have already been pre-approved by the bank. If anyone is thinking about selling their house in Milford or know of any friends that are thinking about moving, please let me know. If you refer a friend and we end up purchasing the home, we could work out a commission of some sort. Also, if anyone has any feedback about buying homes in Milford, let me know. We would really appreciate it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2012, 04:46 PM

The poll should read... Would you ever go up to a homeowner and give them your info in case they ever want to sell their home? I'm not sure why it cut off.

Old 09-02-2012, 05:05 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,219,613 times
Using a real estate agent to but property does not cost you anything. I would enlist the assistance of a Realtor and find out what is on the MLS.

Old 09-02-2012, 05:29 PM

We are already using a real estate agent. However, it appears that homeowners in Milford do not always list their properties for sale. I am using this forum as an alternative way to find houses. Also, it costs sellers every month when their listing does not sell, so I'm thinking some sellers are reluctant to list their homes. There are not a lot of homes listed on the MLS in Milford.

Old 09-02-2012, 09:36 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,219,613 times
It costs sellers for every month? They are using the wrong Realtor. Try placing an ad on craigslist asking if anyone is considering selling the type of house you are interested in buying. Looking at realtor com I see there are 106 houses, 1 mobile / modular and 75 vacant land listings in or around Milford.

Old 09-03-2012, 08:11 AM

Maybe I'm thinking of when realtors list rental properties. However, that is not the point. I am just using city data as an alternative method of finding a home. I have already looked at all the listings on the Realtor.com website. Thanks.

Old 09-04-2012, 07:01 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,802,285 times
A lot of people do nt list their homes if the market is not good, because if the home is sitting on the market a long time, people assume something is wrong with it, or it just is not that marektable and expect a lower price. Many buyers realtors skip listings that have bene on the market more than a few months.

In some commuities, houses are not really marketed. Some places, similar to the core of historic homes in dwontown Milford, are not sold by marketing. The owner just lets friends and neighbors know they want to sell and someone comes knocking. I do not know whether that applies to Milford or not, but it does (or did) apply to many places simlar to Milford with a very limited supply of very desireable historic homes in a specific area.

And yes. in the past I have let people know that if they ever want to sell their house, please call me. It never worked out, becasue when they finally got ready to sell, I was not in a postion to buy, but with certain houses, had they decided to sell, I would have moved mountains to try to buy the house. For me generally these are historic homes that ar ein 90% or mroe original condition. However one was just an awesome property where the house was accessed by a drawbridge over a large stream, and it was just a generally awesome layout.

If for example, you wanted a buy a home on buno road at the edge of Kensington, I think your best bet would be to contact owners and try to get in first. There are not that many and they tend to go pretty fast. I do not know whether to core of historical homes in Dowtntown Milford are that way. However in many communities it is, or was. (Northville, Plymuoth, Franklin Villiage, some parts of Grosse Ile. Of course in the current market, that may have all changed, but I suspect that highly desireable homes/locations are still highly desireable.

Old 10-20-2012, 08:24 PM

34 posts, read 103,402 times
I live in Milford and try to keep an eye on the market around here. I agree and am somewhat frustrated at times when homes are not listed onRealtor.com but there is a sign in front of the house. There is a 3 block area downtown that is highly desirable and homes may sell before making it to market. We are in a relatively new subdivision where the original developer is now out of business. However a new home builder just purchased the lots and is planning to start building. There is no advertising or sign or anything up yet but if you're interested just send me a message and I will give you the home builders name.

We LOVE Milford by the way after living here for 5 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit