Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 06:16 PM

999 posts, read 4,527,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Detroit is a beautiful city, stop pissing on it!...or just get out.
I did get out, after the city failed to deliver what I was owed (through obscenely high property tax, income tax and my committment to own and maintain property in the city). Namely, they didn't fix the street lights, they didn't pick up the garbage, they didn't fix the sidewalks, they didn't fix the storm drain that destroyed the sidewalks after "I" fixed them, they didn't have a cop to send to my B&E in progress while there was on cop at each corner of the intersection of Monroe and Randolph shooing the winos away from the suburbanites. After being the victim of multiple felonies on multiple occasions in the city, I earned the right to **** on Detroit as much as I want.

Detroit is NOT a beautiful city. It's a foul, nasty, dying city, except for one small part downtown. You can not separate downtown from the rest of the city. More Detroiters live in the "other" Detroit than live downtown. Those Detroiters are due adequate city services. For the taxes we paid, we were due OUTSTANDING city services.

The policy of writing off the majority of Detroiters in favor of a downtown miracle is nothing new. It's been going on in cycles for the past two or three generations. None of the "love" ever made it past the New Center Area or Corktown.

Old 10-17-2007, 03:14 PM

314 posts, read 1,277,794 times
well if you got out...quit your b#@%ing!

Old 10-17-2007, 07:09 PM

999 posts, read 4,527,754 times
Quote:
well if you got out...quit your b#@%ing!
I'm still in Wayne County, which is all the dues I need to pay, as if I need to pay any, to ***** about Detroit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit