Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2013, 09:42 PM

1,317 posts, read 1,920,336 times

Advertisements

How are Mt. Clemens or Pontiac these days? I haven't gone out in these places in about 10 years, not since my early 20s. I still hear ads on the radio for the bars/clubs there, but from what I've heard they aren't doing as well as they used to.

Windsor, used to be great when you were 19 or 20, but also from what I've heard with the border crossing issues, passport requirements, and the economy that Windsor is no longer the hot spot for American teens like it used to be.

Honestly though, my all time best bar-hopping experiences in Michigan have been in Downtown Detroit and Grand Rapids. GR has a great bar scene.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2013, 09:48 PM

3,082 posts, read 5,420,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTWflyer View Post
How are Mt. Clemens or Pontiac these days? I haven't gone out in these places in about 10 years, not since my early 20s. I still hear ads on the radio for the bars/clubs there, but from what I've heard they aren't doing as well as they used to.

Windsor, used to be great when you were 19 or 20, but also from what I've heard with the border crossing issues, passport requirements, and the economy that Windsor is no longer the hot spot for American teens like it used to be.

Honestly though, my all time best bar-hopping experiences in Michigan have been in Downtown Detroit and Grand Rapids. GR has a great bar scene.
Yeah, I haven't been to Pontiac since my first couple years in college. It was always a **** show from what I remember (gang bangers, woofers bumpin, fights, you name it). Not sure if it has improved much.

When I go back to MI, which has been yearly, we always go to Royal Oak. It's probably the best bar scene in Metro Detroit. If you don't mind the drive, Ann Arbor is probably 2nd best. I have started going to Dearborn more with my buddies and it seems pretty legit. I think there are some cool places down in Hamtramck, too.

My fav list:

Royal Oak
Ann Arbor
Ferndale
Dearborn
Corktown
Greektown
Midtown
Downtown
Birmingham
Rochester

Old 04-04-2013, 04:01 AM

3,671 posts, read 5,846,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekkie View Post
Yeah, I haven't been to Pontiac since my first couple years in college. It was always a **** show from what I remember (gang bangers, woofers bumpin, fights, you name it). Not sure if it has improved much.

When I go back to MI, which has been yearly, we always go to Royal Oak. It's probably the best bar scene in Metro Detroit. If you don't mind the drive, Ann Arbor is probably 2nd best. I have started going to Dearborn more with my buddies and it seems pretty legit. I think there are some cool places down in Hamtramck, too.

My fav list:

Royal Oak
Ann Arbor
Ferndale
Dearborn
Corktown
Greektown
Midtown
Downtown
Birmingham
Rochester
That's a pretty good list. Although I don't think I would put Royal Oak over Detroit city. I also would include Windsor in that list as well.

Does anyone know about Flint's bar scene? I hear their downtown is pretty nice and lively.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit