Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2013, 02:06 AM

3,671 posts, read 5,845,693 times

Advertisements

Retroit: I was responding to the person directly above my last post. But I do agree Detroit needs better leadership and maybe a EFM will be the road to that. Honestly I hope we get a whole new government when this is all over.

Colorado:
oh my... another video focusing on vacant buildings and land in inner city neighborhoods (which I've seen them do in other cities as well) *yawn*. Do you guys ever come up with anything new??? And that video you wasted your time posting doesn't make my previous post any less true. Go ahead and post all 20 of them (of course I won't waste my time watching any of them but whatever). Hell, I barely watched the first minute of the one you did post and I even wish I had that minute back. BTW the video had hardly anything to do with my post to begin with. I post about the economics of a city/metro that contributes to a global economy and you respond with "a tour of Detroit's ghetto" haha lol.

Last edited by MS313; 03-29-2013 at 02:31 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2013, 08:40 AM

30,702 posts, read 79,387,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado xxxxx View Post
Wow you need to step back and get perspective. You mean the part of Detroit that looks like Beruit?

A Tour Of Detroit's Ghetto: Part 4 - YouTube

There's about 20 more on YT

Duh. Did these guys just now figure out that half of the City of Detroit is empty? Gee it has only been in the news for the past ten or so years. Cracks me up when people take it as a big shock that there are empty buildings. Yes, when half the people leave they leave the buildings empty. However what that has to do with anything is unclear. The buildings have been empty for years or even decades in many cases. They will remain empty. They have little relationship to what remains of the City of Detroit other than the are a financial burden to the City. Certainly no one is stupid enough to think the whole city looks like that.

Old 03-29-2013, 09:50 AM

1,395 posts, read 2,506,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
Duh. Did these guys just now figure out that half of the City of Detroit is empty? Gee it has only been in the news for the past ten or so years. Cracks me up when people take it as a big shock that there are empty buildings. Yes, when half the people leave they leave the buildings empty. However what that has to do with anything is unclear. The buildings have been empty for years or even decades in many cases. They will remain empty. They have little relationship to what remains of the City of Detroit other than the are a financial burden to the City. Certainly no one is stupid enough to think the whole city looks like that.
It's shocking to see it up close and on so wide a scale though, Coldjensens. It fascinates and horrifies many people because it's unlike anything they've ever seen before.

Old 03-29-2013, 11:41 AM

30,702 posts, read 79,387,296 times
Actually the most shocking abaonded buildings to me are in Bloomfield Hills. A place called Bloomfield Park. They spent hundreds of millions developing and building this big complex and then just abandoned it halfway through construction. I expect a city to have abandoned buildings here and there at least most cities, but this place is a concentration of large brand new abandoned buildings in one of the most upscale zip codes in the US.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
View detailed profiles of: