Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2013, 03:37 PM

17,507 posts, read 17,434,255 times

Advertisements

So who do you call when robbed by the Detroit PD at gun point? What do you say if the responding officers are the ones who robbed you? Sounds like a joke but something similar happened in New Orleans. A NOPD officer committed armed robbery. She also murdered the officer working security (her former partner) and the owners of the grocery store she was robbing. She didn't know the children saw her through the cooler glass. She was one of the responding officers. Now I read more Detroit police arrested for armed robbery. Good job Detroit, you're getting close to surpassing NOPD in corruption. All that's missing is murder and officers working as hired guns for drug gangs and you will have caught up with NOPD.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2013, 05:09 PM

1,900 posts, read 5,885,599 times
When they pay these guys starvation wages (DPD pay is so low they may as well pay in hugs and kisses) and let them loose among the dregs of society, corruption comes as no surprise. Corruption is not uncommon in the 'burbs, either. Did you really think all the confiscated contraband gets destroyed? How do the cops live in McMansions in the exurbs and drive $40K+ cars? If anyone can tell me how, lemme know.

Old 07-29-2013, 06:10 PM

17,507 posts, read 17,434,255 times
The officer was a 20 year veteran with the rank of sergeant. This wasn't a rookie.

Old 07-29-2013, 08:54 PM

21,033 posts, read 19,515,046 times
There are bad apples in every profession. That's not to excuse what these 2 guys did. They should be punished to the fullest extent. But don't bash the whole police force.

Old 07-30-2013, 12:21 AM

116 posts, read 283,580 times
[quote=us66;30722148]When they pay these guys starvation wages (DPD pay is so low they may as well pay in hugs and kisses) and let them loose among the dregs of society, corruption comes as no surprise. Corruption is not uncommon in the 'burbs, either. Did you really think all the confiscated contraband gets destroyed? How do the cops live in McMansions in the exurbs and drive $40K+ cars? If anyone can tell me how, lemme know.[/QUOTE

Hmmm, let me see....Buy house with parents/family members, a wife/husband that makes MORE than the officer, savings, inheritance, etc, etc.

Old 07-30-2013, 12:23 AM

116 posts, read 283,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
There are bad apples in every profession. That's not to excuse what these 2 guys did. They should be punished to the fullest extent. But don't bash the whole police force.

Old 07-30-2013, 02:17 AM

5,238 posts, read 7,964,869 times
"How do the cops live in McMansions in the exurbs and drive $40K+ cars? If anyone can tell me how, lemme know".

Many officers moonlight, working their off duty hours as security. One would think they could get plenty of work these days. As an example, the Jefferson East Business Association uses off duty cops to patrol their area.

While the rank and file maybe getting the shaft, there is the new $60 million police headquarters, and a new Chief being paid $225,000 annual salary. And former City Councilman Gary Brown accepted a $225,000 a year job as an assistant to Kevyn Orr. Those at the top are not going to suffer any. They are to get 100 new cars, paid for by an $8 million grant from local businesses. I hope they have enough officers to drive them. I feel bad for those that were forced to retire or get further screwed.

If these two cops did what they are accused of doing, I hope they pay dearly for it. Their career is over either way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
View detailed profiles of: