Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2013, 09:08 AM

2,008 posts, read 4,724,255 times

Advertisements

Did any of you get a chance to do the presale of the Winter Classic tickets?

My friend was able to but ended up not being able to purchase tickets by tonight so I used his. If I can be home for New Years day I'll be going!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2013, 09:20 AM

3,082 posts, read 5,438,458 times
Man, I wanted to really bad. But those tickets sold out quick. Heck, I was surprised at how quickly most of the tickets sold for the games throughout the season. For almost every game I looked at, lower bowl at JLA is nearly sold out with a few single seats scattered about. The only seats available are way up high. I hope to get to a game or two this season, but not certain it will be the Winter Classic. I might consider going to see if I can get some scalped tickets.

Old 08-29-2013, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekkie View Post
Man, I wanted to really bad. But those tickets sold out quick. Heck, I was surprised at how quickly most of the tickets sold for the games throughout the season. For almost every game I looked at, lower bowl at JLA is nearly sold out with a few single seats scattered about. The only seats available are way up high. I hope to get to a game or two this season, but not certain it will be the Winter Classic. I might consider going to see if I can get some scalped tickets.
On stubhub the cheapest tickets you can get are going for like 210 each. I paid 165 after taxes each for mine. At least I know if I can't make it to the game it will have been a good investment!

Old 08-29-2013, 10:39 AM

I don't understand why they are so much $$$. Are they front row, center? I mean, they will easily have over 110,000 people there. Wouldn't that mean tickets could be cheaper?

Old 08-29-2013, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekkie View Post
I don't understand why they are so much $$$. Are they front row, center? I mean, they will easily have over 110,000 people there. Wouldn't that mean tickets could be cheaper?
Well actually quite the opposite. If you look at a seating chart, the ones that are front row are the worst seats to have. You have the big between the bleachers and where the rink actually starts that you can't see anything that close up. Being higher up, preferably not all the way up as you'll just be too far away to see anything, are the better and higher priced seats. The seats on the sides of the rink are better to get too as there will be less of a gap between the seats and the rinks.

As for prices - Supply and demand. This happens once a year. It's in Detroit and Toronto isn't THAT far away for there to not be a huge amount of Toronto fans. And Canada in general will take an hour to get to the big house.

Old 08-29-2013, 11:34 AM

1,648 posts, read 3,273,157 times
I bought four tickets - I had tickets to last year's game but it got cancelled due to the lockout. It's my Christmas present to three of my brothers. Let's go Red Wings... Let's go!

Old 08-29-2013, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by belleislerunner View Post
I bought four tickets - I had tickets to last year's game but it got cancelled due to the lockout. It's my Christmas present to three of my brothers. Let's go Red Wings... Let's go!
As of right now, it's a Christmas present to my dad that he gets to drive to because I'll be too drunk to drive home

Old 08-30-2013, 10:37 AM

89 posts, read 194,295 times
I have four tickets locked up. But, my friends who were going to come have backed out. I might have to sell them. Like someone said earlier, if I have to sell, at least it shouldn't be an issue to get rid of them.

Old 08-30-2013, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmuguy25 View Post
I have four tickets locked up. But, my friends who were going to come have backed out. I might have to sell them. Like someone said earlier, if I have to sell, at least it shouldn't be an issue to get rid of them.
How much?

Is there a City-Data friendly discount?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit