Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2013, 11:49 AM

3,671 posts, read 5,886,018 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Not only should the state run Belle Isle, but what about:
  1. Fort Wayne. Aren't most historic forts controlled by the state or federal government?
  2. Rouge Park. Why not incorporate it into the Huron-Clinton Metropark system?
  3. River Walk. The state already controls the Milliken portion, why not let them handle the whole thing?
Oh, I know, the Detroit Sh!tty Clown Show can't let "our" city be taken over. After all, they are doing such a great job.
I wouldn't have a problem with every single asset in the entire city ran by the state or privatized. Guarantee it will be ran MUCH better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2013, 03:04 PM

429 posts, read 971,514 times
I have dumb question.... I went on michigans website to read about the passes and my question is if you purchase a state park pass and your lic plate tab is what is used to show and prove it what, happens if you dont drive your car to belle isle and instead you walk or ride your bike? I assume you still have to have purchased the pass to get on the island and show and prove it. How does one does that when not in car?

Old 10-17-2013, 03:09 PM

4,647 posts, read 8,598,154 times
Pedestrians and cyclists will be able to go to the park for free.

Old 10-17-2013, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by animatedmartian View Post
But in the same instance, doesn't that mean that public funds are diverted from other areas?
Quote:

Thank you for answering my question

Old 10-18-2013, 01:52 PM

3,082 posts, read 5,437,988 times
Quote:
That's awesome news. I love cycling around the park.

Old 12-11-2013, 07:12 AM

4,647 posts, read 8,598,154 times
Crews get busy cleaning up Belle Isle for new state-park status | Detroit Free Press | freep.com

I always love the aerial shots of Belle Isle. Looking forward to seeing the park in the coming months.

Changes coming to Belle Isle - YouTube

Old 12-11-2013, 08:07 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,216,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beans213 View Post
I have dumb question.... I went on michigans website to read about the passes and my question is if you purchase a state park pass and your lic plate tab is what is used to show and prove it what, happens if you dont drive your car to belle isle and instead you walk or ride your bike? I assume you still have to have purchased the pass to get on the island and show and prove it. How does one does that when not in car?

It is actually your registration that shows if you have the passport..

Old 12-11-2013, 09:20 AM

8,573 posts, read 12,405,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Well, it's noted on your registration but they check your license tab. It's indicated on there, too. That's the only thing they can really check when a car is parked in a state park unattended. I've never been asked to show my registration.

Old 12-11-2013, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Crews get busy cleaning up Belle Isle for new state-park status | Detroit Free Press | freep.com

I always love the aerial shots of Belle Isle. Looking forward to seeing the park in the coming months.

Changes coming to Belle Isle - YouTube
I was just on belle isle a couple hours ago. Someone is very busy over there. There are cutting down huge (and normal sized) trees all over the island. Not sure why they are doing it but they sure are cutting down a lot.

Old 12-11-2013, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Actually we are both correct and neither of us wrong.
Attached Thumbnails
Belle Isle to become state park-registration_tab_for_rp_335129_7.jpg  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit