Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2014, 05:33 PM

7,237 posts, read 12,737,180 times

Advertisements

Even more reason for me to make a conscious effort to boycott places in that hillbilly backwater.

Video showing cop forcibly cutting woman's hair weave makes waves - U.S. News

Quote:
Disturbing new video showing a Michigan police officer hacking off the hair weave of a young woman arrested in November is stirring controversy on social media.

In the video, Charda Gregory, 23, of Detroit is tied in a restraining chair by four officers in Warren, Mich., before a female officer rips and cuts at her long braids. Gregory appears to protest and react physically, but the officer doesn’t stop until the entire weave is removed from her head.

Gregory was arrested for allegedly damaging a motel room and police car in suburban Detroit, but charges against her were dropped, according to NBC affiliate WDIV.

Police Officer Bernadette Najor, who administered the violent haircut, said she did so because weaves pose a suicide risk, WDIV reported. Najor was suspended and later fired.

At the time, Warren Police Commissioner Jere Green said Najor clearly violated policy.

“There’s a real simple thing: it’s called right and wrong. And to me this is something that I won’t tolerate, I don’t think the citizens of Warren will tolerate it,”he said. "We are always in the process of reviewing things that happen and trying to make ourselves better and more responsible to the people we work for."

Old 02-02-2014, 03:23 AM

21,097 posts, read 19,694,480 times
Looks like Ms. Najor is wearing some fake hair herself.

Do you know for a fact that she is a Hillbilly, or are you just spreading the same kind of bigotry that leads to incidents like this?

Old 02-02-2014, 09:40 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,700,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post

Do you know for a fact that she is a Hillbilly, or are you just spreading the same kind of bigotry that leads to incidents like this?
I did not read him calling her a Hillbilly. I think he was referring to Warren as a Place. What is true of the whole is not necessarily true of its parts....and visa versa. That is called the fallacy of composition. In other words, to assume that he called her a Hillbilly, when he referenced "that place", is the fallacy of composition.

Old 02-02-2014, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
I did not read him calling her a Hillbilly. I think he was referring to Warren as a Place. What is true of the whole is not necessarily true of its parts....and visa versa. That is called the fallacy of composition. In other words, to assume that he called her a Hillbilly, when he referenced "that place", is the fallacy of composition.
^^^Bingo!

Old 02-02-2014, 10:01 AM

For IS:

So would you also defend someone who said they were going to avoid Detroit because it was a n----- ghetto?

Old 02-02-2014, 10:18 AM

Quote:
For IS:

So would you also defend someone who said they were going to avoid Detroit because it was a n----- ghetto?
I'm sure the vast majority of people there actually DO feel that way about Detroit (including the police chief and the mayor), although they won't actually say it.

Old 02-02-2014, 10:58 AM

So if group A is prejudicial of group B, then it is justifiable for group B to be prejudicial of group A?

And why is group A allowed to express their prejudice of group B even though group B won't actually say how they feel about group A?

Old 02-02-2014, 11:53 AM

4,647 posts, read 8,595,025 times
Because it's immature on both sides either way. I'm pretty offended by 313's remarks considering I've spent a lot of time in Warren.

Old 02-02-2014, 03:13 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,931,116 times
Quote:

Anybody in Detroit with a pulse knows what Detroit's history is. Hillbillies are all over the place, mostly in the suburbs and outstate. - and with their white southern roots, they don't like black folk much. Some still fly the stars and bars outside their homes.
Not merely "southerners" mind you, this is a special breed some of whom are still ticked over the civil war, and you know 'em when they speak. They often work their way into authoritarian positions like law enforcement where they mind their manners until an opportunity to whack or debase somebody presents itself.
I knew of a cop who would do this stuff off duty.

Old 02-02-2014, 03:26 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,206,191 times
May be the police officers are REDSKIN fans?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
View detailed profiles of: