Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 12:17 AM

5,696 posts, read 19,138,288 times

Advertisements

My husband told me that last night he was upset cuss during a "Bill and Mandy" cartoon that my son was watching, they dissed Detroit. Has anyone saw this? Well people with kids unless your into cartoons. In the cartoon, they said something about sending someone as a punishment to a broken factory in Detroit. How strange?! I did not see the cartoon but curious if anyone else caught it. Why are they saying these things on a kids cartoon anyhow? So is Detroit now a joke?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2007, 07:45 PM

41 posts, read 183,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallingwater View Post
My husband told me that last night he was upset cuss during a "Bill and Mandy" cartoon that my son was watching, they dissed Detroit. Has anyone saw this? Well people with kids unless your into cartoons. In the cartoon, they said something about sending someone as a punishment to a broken factory in Detroit. How strange?! I did not see the cartoon but curious if anyone else caught it. Why are they saying these things on a kids cartoon anyhow? So is Detroit now a joke?
I never knew anything about this. Thank you for bringing this to my attention, and if its true my son will never watch this show again. I will personally send a letter to cartoon network corporations and I hope others will do the same. This is unacceptable!

Old 12-16-2007, 07:48 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,754,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallingwater View Post
No Detroit is not a joke. It is sadly serious. The complete and total destruction of a once great American city. Once a boom town and now a ghost town. What a shame.

Old 12-20-2007, 08:48 PM

3 posts, read 11,421 times
they also showed mandy reading the book "The Catcher In the Rye" I have read that book and I wouldn't allow any of my kids read it so why show it in a kids cartoon.

Old 12-21-2007, 12:42 PM

195 posts, read 1,079,945 times
MAybe your husband shouldn't be so sensitive. That is a big problem with todays society. People whine about everything.

Old 12-21-2007, 12:44 PM

1,155 posts, read 1,839,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Icy River Vagabond View Post
MAybe your husband shouldn't be so sensitive. That is a big problem with todays society. People whine about everything.
How true....

Old 01-02-2008, 03:25 PM

5,696 posts, read 19,138,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Icy River Vagabond View Post
Well I wouldnt consider my husband whining, thank you. I just feel that its a bit overboard for a children's cartoon to make fun of a situation where people are losing their homes and unable to maintain.

Old 03-15-2009, 01:33 PM

2 posts, read 7,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berrymist27 View Post
I never knew anything about this. Thank you for bringing this to my attention, and if its true my son will never watch this show again. I will personally send a letter to cartoon network corporations and I hope others will do the same. This is unacceptable!
Oh you must be the same mentality not to let your children watch Bugs Bunny or any other show on cartoon network. At least this show is not racist like some early children programing. If your children aren't old enough to watch this type of cartoon then they shouldn't be watching television at all.

Old 03-15-2009, 01:36 PM

2 posts, read 7,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom/student View Post
they also showed mandy reading the book "The Catcher In the Rye" I have read that book and I wouldn't allow any of my kids read it so why show it in a kids cartoon.

The Catcher In The Rye is an amazing book. If you had actually caught the meaning you would realize the painful way of growing up and how Holden was just trying to protect himself. This is a Junior High School level book. If your going ban your children from reading this, I feel sorry for how your children will grow up. You people can't protect your "babies" forever.

Old 03-16-2009, 09:58 PM

91 posts, read 297,610 times
First of all Bill and Mandy is one awesome and intelligent cartoon. Second why get all mad about a cartoon making fun of Detroit? Detroit has always been the brunt of jokes and will always be. I rather go live in Iraq than Detroit because ill be less likey to get killed there
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
View detailed profiles of: