Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2014, 01:24 PM

5,155 posts, read 4,618,079 times

Advertisements

Maybe this is the wrong forum, but on Wednesday I had a phone interview with Quicken. Yesterday when I was at work, the hiring manager called. However, the number she gave me brought me to an operator. There were two people with the same name and she gave me the wrong one (I didn't know this at that point). I left a message, the woman called back and I called her back after work. She went into loan talk and I was so confused. I told her about my parents, she couldn't find them and then I mentioned I was calling about a job. She said, "Oh! You wanted the other one! I'm in Cleveland and since you want to move to Michigan…" we laughed about it for a good five minutes, but she was nice when she said, "No wonder why you were concerned, don't worry you don't need a loan for a job! This happens often!" Nice woman; she gave me the right number and I left a message for the right one and said I'd be available at 4 (I had a lunch I needed to go to). Still nothing yet… hopefully Monday and I hope I didn't ruin my chances. Is it bad that I didn't call a second time? Was the message enough? However, I'm still laughing; I suppose when you've been looking for 7 months and trying to relocate… this is hilarious. Life… you have to laugh at it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2014, 01:52 PM

4,647 posts, read 8,594,300 times
It doesn't seem like you messed up. Even the woman said that this happens often since they apparently have the same name. Quicken will probably call you back in due time.

Old 07-12-2014, 02:03 PM

Alright, cool! I am just so nervous because I really want to move. I was offered something from SocraTea: Detroit. I'll reply... I might have two jobs!

Old 07-12-2014, 07:58 PM

429 posts, read 971,165 times
I dont think you screwed anything up. You will prob hear back monday or tuesday. For what its worth I know alot of people talk badly about working for quicken, but honetly its not a bad company to work for. Like pretty much anyone in metro detroit area under the age of 40 I have many friends that have worked for and some still work for Quicken. Its a lot of hours in the begining for not alot of money. But if you work hard and if you do well at your job there is the potenial for advancement and for a lot more money. You just have to put in your time, bust your butt for awhile and earn your stripes so to speak lol.
Good luck and I hope everything works out the way you want it to

Old 07-12-2014, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beans213 View Post
I dont think you screwed anything up. You will prob hear back monday or tuesday. For what its worth I know alot of people talk badly about working for quicken, but honetly its not a bad company to work for. Like pretty much anyone in metro detroit area under the age of 40 I have many friends that have worked for and some still work for Quicken. Its a lot of hours in the begining for not alot of money. But if you work hard and if you do well at your job there is the potenial for advancement and for a lot more money. You just have to put in your time, bust your butt for awhile and earn your stripes so to speak lol.
Good luck and I hope everything works out the way you want it to

Thank you! At this point, I'll take anything to get me out of Pennsylvania! I want to move to Detroit/Metro Detroit badly. It'll be great if I get Quicken and SocraTea... I can work SocraTea on the weekend. I guess I'll start looking at places again to live.

Old 07-12-2014, 08:28 PM

Quicken in the beggining is easily 50-60 or more hours a week. Honestly you wont have time for a second job. Im pretty sure they require you work 1 or 2 saturdays a month and at least 1 sunday a month as well

Old 07-12-2014, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Quicken in the beggining is easily 50-60 or more hours a week. Honestly you wont have time for a second job. Im pretty sure they require you work 1 or 2 saturdays a month and at least 1 sunday a month as well
Hmm, HR told me if I get the job, I'd be at 45 hours a week. I was looking at the writing jobs. So, I guess we'll see. I just heard back from the tea place and she asked me the hours. Should I tell her about Quicken? I was going to say, "I also had an interview with Quicken and if all goes well, weekends. If not, full availability." Maybe I won't, maybe I'll just say every day 10am-3pm and if I get Quicken, just work it out. Ah man, exciting!

Old 07-12-2014, 09:04 PM

oh so your gonna be a writter, not a banker?

personally i would try to hold off on answering the one untill at least the end of tomorrow and hope you hear back from quicken. I wouldnt let them know that they are gonna be a second job.

Old 07-12-2014, 09:13 PM

Quote:
oh so your gonna be a writter, not a banker?

personally i would try to hold off on answering the one untill at least the end of tomorrow and hope you hear back from quicken. I wouldnt let them know that they are gonna be a second job.
Yeah, my degree is in writing (well, English writing), so I applied for customer service or the technical writer. I am hoping for the technical writer because that's more up my alley (been at a library in PA for 8 years... still there and was a technical writer through college for 3 years). But, those positions she said are 45 hours a week.

That's true. I'll wait until Monday. I think that would be reasonable... after all, it's the weekend!

Old 07-15-2014, 01:49 PM

I messed up. Quicken left me a message and said they decided to go with someone else. Either the 10 hours a week I work at the library in Pennsylvania killed my chance or the fact I wasn't a local. I dunno.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit