Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2015, 11:10 PM

4,647 posts, read 8,598,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nativetexasgal View Post
Champions don't blame the refs (or give them credit either) when they lose. By the way, there were several controversial calls that didn't go Dallas' way either. The Cowboys had to suck it up and keep playing--and win.
I didn't see any calls that were as blatant as the pass interference. Even the rules guy said that if the defender doesn't turn around and play the ball, it's a clear interference. Dallas didn't have to worry about much since the refs were clearly helping them out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2015, 11:47 PM

3,671 posts, read 5,886,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
How 'bout those Refs?
lmao . I'm all about good sportsmanship but "wow " to some of those calls.

Old 01-05-2015, 09:06 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,216,093 times
Hate to say it, but 2014 was a really good year. Lions hit 12 wins, a few come from behind wins and didn't seem to give any games away with stupid plays or moronic coaching calls.

Just might convince to get that Honolulu and Silver pinstripe this summer..

Great to see that football is back n Detroit.

Old 01-05-2015, 09:16 AM

4,647 posts, read 8,598,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Hate to say it, but 2014 was a really good year. Lions hit 12 wins, a few come from behind wins and didn't seem to give any games away with stupid plays or moronic coaching calls.

Just might convince to get that Honolulu and Silver pinstripe this summer..

Great to see that football is back n Detroit.
Personally, I think they've been improving every year for the last couple of years. Though of course not every year has the same group of players or staff.

Still, having more wins wouldn't be a bad thing to have.

Old 01-05-2015, 01:16 PM

2,008 posts, read 4,723,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nativetexasgal View Post
Champions don't blame the refs (or give them credit either) when they lose. By the way, there were several controversial calls that didn't go Dallas' way either. The Cowboys had to suck it up and keep playing--and win.
It's one thing for the local fans to be blaming the refs or other outside things because they will always feel that their hometown team is better than other no matter what....

In this case though, pretty much the whole world has agreed that the refs effed this one up pretty good for Dallas to get a W.

Old 01-05-2015, 02:17 PM

1,069 posts, read 746,030 times
As a long time Detroit Lions fan who attends a few games every season I was disappointed with last nights loss to the Dallas Cowboys but I'm grateful to Head Coach Jim Caldwell his staff and the players for a successful season this year. Like most Lions fans I was thrilled when the Lions were up 14-0 in the first quarter last night at "Jerry World". I thought this might be our year but it wasn't to be. If any group of NFL fans deserves to have a Super Bowl win it's the loyal fans of the Motor City.

I find it perplexing that the NFL is the only professional sport in the nation that doesn't have full time officials. The NBA, NHL and MLB all have referees and umpires that are well trained and are full time employees oftheir respective leagues. The practice of hiring part time NFL officials made sense back when NFL games were played mostly on Sundays and one game on Mondays but in 2014 there are too many games and too many teams to expect the current officiating system to work. I think that the time for the NFL to hire full time officials is long overdue. For as much as fans pay for the tickets to attend NFL games they deserve more than they are getting from the majority of the officials in the NFL. It suffices to say the teams themselves should demand more than they are currently getting from the botched calls made in nearly every game played during the regular season and playoffs.

Old 01-09-2015, 11:56 AM

3,671 posts, read 5,886,018 times
lol I know y'all seen this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V86hlsTvoTM

Old 01-09-2015, 02:23 PM

8,236 posts, read 13,353,185 times
Hey Detroit.. you guys were cheated... SMH... I had high hopes for the Motor City...

Old 01-12-2015, 06:59 AM

8,236 posts, read 13,353,185 times
Well Karma is a beeyach.... Dez Bryant....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit