Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2014, 04:40 AM

3 posts, read 2,519 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone my name is Zy. I am searching for detailed commerce info on the eastern market for a graduate studies project I'm working. I'm having a hard time finding info on the market alone. Please point me in the right direction.

Thank you and God bless
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2014, 08:11 AM

2,511 posts, read 2,818,180 times
What about it are you looking for? I just Google searched it and found a wealth of information. Also, search for Detroit Historical Society and search their archives.

Can you be more specific of your needs?

Also, maybe look at Detroit.curbed.com

Old 10-31-2014, 08:43 AM

Sorry. I'm looking for demographic data on the Eastern market itself. I have that info on the district but need more details on who the market attracts and where those people come from. I'm preparing a feasibility study for a development class.

Old 10-31-2014, 08:46 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,223,196 times
Perhaps attend a few market days? Have you approached the market manage or a few vendors?

Old 10-31-2014, 08:55 AM

I wrote the president of the Eastern Market Corporation several weeks, no response. I have attempted to call him as well with no return yet. I will continue to try to make contact with him but my time is running out as I have 5 weeks left to prepare. I have attended several market days and in fact have done business with vendors in the past. What I need id documented info.

Old 10-31-2014, 11:15 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,223,196 times
Not sure if that is obtainable? As to who would gather that demographic would be difficult to name. I would interview vendors and do a count myself on the weekend.

The market manager is very had to reach as there are so many things to do. I know when we tried to inquire about selling at the market it took 3 to 5 weeks for him to get back with us.

Last edited by zthatzmanz28; 10-31-2014 at 12:24 PM..

Old 10-31-2014, 12:09 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,934,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderzy View Post
Sorry. I'm looking for demographic data on the Eastern market itself. I have that info on the district but need more details on who the market attracts and where those people come from. I'm preparing a feasibility study for a development class.
OK, who the customers are and where they come from - who would know that without taking a number of polls? I can tell you that they come from everywhere - locals, suburbanites, tourists, outstaters, Canadians, Ohioans. Same with the vendors. A few come for the nightlife at Bert's, but I have no clue who they all might be. Maybe that's why you never got a response - still it would be respectful to respond in some manner.
If there have been any fact-based demographic polls taken, I would like to know.
Review sites like Yelp* post customer hometowns, and some give a little personal information. Click on each heading to pore through whatever customer information is volunteered. You might google "Detroit eastern market reviews" and see what you can glean from it.

Restaurants Eastern Market, Detroit, MI
https://www.google.com/#q=eastern+market+detroit+yelp
Eastern Market - Detroit - Reviews of Eastern Market - TripAdvisor
Supino Pizzeria - East Side - Detroit | Urbanspoon

Old 11-01-2014, 08:45 AM

2,511 posts, read 2,818,180 times
You might consider going thru the parking areas and make note of license plates, for a rough sample of demographics.

Also, consider going there and conducting polls.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit