Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2014, 12:10 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,146,617 times

Advertisements

I saw in this thread that most of the folks here still consider Detroit motor city. With Detroit being known as the birth of our automotive industry and still having significant relations to it, I was curious to know how you guys felt about these unfortunate situations I see in the news all the time.

//www.city-data.com/forum/detro...tal-world.html

If you read the first few posts (or even pages) of this thread, 313Weather has identified the horrendous actions by employers that force parents to leave the children to die in motor vehicles. In this particular case, a man did not want to leave his child at home with the babysitter, but still had to show up to his job where he makes $120,000. As a result, he left his child in the car while he worked. Initially wit air conditioning on, but then he shut off the air conditioner because he thought it would harm the engine.

//www.city-data.com/forum/curre...is-1-year.html

Here's some quotes to sum up the issue:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 313Weather View Post
...it also highlights the severity of our jobs crisis...the man did what he felt he had to do, as clearly no one was coming to his rescue to help him out.

I also hope any business owners out here who overwork and underpay their employees feel at least some guilt after this incident.
I don't necessarily agree that it was the employer's fault for a man leaving a child in a car while he worked (especially when he had a babysitter) and makes $120,000/year in Arizona.

But how does the motor city feel about motor vehicles being the cause of death in children at the hand of these employers (according to the OP of other thread).

Old 11-09-2014, 12:16 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
It is not Motor City or any other employers fault that a parent makes the decision that his job the motor of his vehicle is more important than his child.
The parent should have stayed home or left the child with the babysitter who was already at the home.

The responsibility of one's child is the parent's alone and one who feels otherwise is doing nothing but fanning the flames of a non issue.

Old 11-09-2014, 12:26 PM

21,142 posts, read 19,722,567 times
This motor city feels that it is the father's fault, not the employer's.

Old 11-09-2014, 12:40 PM

Do you guys think that cars should be safer so that this is not allowed?

313Weather goes through great lengths in that thread to point out how it is not the father's fault. She focuses on it being the employers fault and anyone's fault except for this employed father in the touch economic climate. Do you think that cars should have some sort of safety feature to prevent deaths of children?

Detroit is the still the city of motor vehicle innovation. Ideas like safety can still come from there.

Old 11-09-2014, 02:04 PM

123 posts, read 199,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
This motor city feels that it is the father's fault, not the employer's.
Hang on now. You aren't allowed to hold people accountable on the internet for their horrible decisions in life.

So yes it is absolutely the the Motor City's fault that this idiot who makes $120k didn't have enough sense to find daycare for his child. This has to be a joke thread. Right? God I hope no father would really be so horrible.

Old 11-09-2014, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmantx512 View Post
Hang on now. You aren't allowed to hold people accountable on the internet for their horrible decisions in life.

So yes it is absolutely the the Motor City's fault that this idiot who makes $120k didn't have enough sense to find daycare for his child. This has to be a joke thread. Right? God I hope no father would really be so horrible.
Read this thread: //www.city-data.com/forum/curre...is-1-year.html

The OP, 313Weather, goes to great lengths to explain why the employer and economy are to blame.

Old 11-09-2014, 02:24 PM

4,647 posts, read 8,602,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
Detroit is the still the city of motor vehicle innovation. Ideas like safety can still come from there.
Yes, Detroit needs to dummy proof cars so that people without common sense can get by in the world. Next, the Big 3 shouldn't even put in gas pedals in the car just so people can avoid car accidents. There will only be brakes.

Old 11-09-2014, 02:39 PM

123 posts, read 199,644 times
Quote:

The OP, 313Weather, goes to great lengths to explain why the employer and economy are to blame.
Yes I read it before I posted. Why would I read something so stupid 2 times? Please tell me you are kidding about this thread.

Old 11-09-2014, 02:58 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
Quote:

Why would I care so much what one member thinks?
This is the member who tells many on this forum that their opinion is wrong and his is right without question.
I believe this is also the member who is a 20 year college freshman (I could be mistaken)
Why do I care about the opinion of a 20 year old college freshman who has no real world experience in life, love or employment?

If you want to support the position of this particular member knock yourself out but don't try to shove his opinion in other's face.
I'm curious why you are so vehemently supporting this member and trying to push his agenda and his opinion on everyone else as absolute truth?

Old 11-09-2014, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Why would I care so much what one member thinks?
This is the member who tells many on this forum that their opinion is wrong and his is right without question.
I believe this is also the member who is a 20 year college freshman (I could be mistaken)
Why do I care about the opinion of a 20 year old college freshman who has no real world experience in life, love or employment?

If you want to support the position of this particular member knock yourself out but don't try to shove his opinion in other's face.
I'm curious why you are so vehemently supporting this member and trying to push his agenda and his opinion on everyone else as absolute truth?
Perhaps you should actually read either this thread or the one that was linked if you are going to participate in this thread. With an ounce of reading comprehension skills you would see that I hardly support that individuals position on the issue.

I also don't know as much about this particular individual as you do. I'm not as concerned with her personal life as you are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
View detailed profiles of: