Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2014, 04:19 PM

812 posts, read 1,906,980 times

Advertisements

We are looking at probably heading your way next summer finally. Job in Auburn Hills near Great Lakes.
Our kids are currently enrolled in a Primary Years Program in Germany (expat International School situation). Does anyone have their kids enrolled at one of these schools or have gone thru the system?

I have been very happy with the PYP program so far and looking into what is available in the area. I had settled on Rochester because the schools are highly rated and the commute to the job is good. BUT now that the kids are really happy with the PYP program I have been looking into other locations.

Bloomfield has a few elementary schools with PYP- Conant, and maybe Lone Pine?, Troy --Morse Elementary only and Oxford School district. I hesitate because of the commute and housing options. Without traffic it looks like 25-30 mins from Bloomfield and Oxford 30 mins as well. Plus older housing stock in our price range in Bloomfield aka fixer upper probably. Kids would be 2nd and 4th grade.

Assume dance/soccer type after school activities and driving to/from those places in traffic. I have found after school places that offer German lessons which I plan to do at least for a year or 2 to try to cement it into their brains!
Welcome at the Deutsche Sprachschule Bloomfield Michigan in Bloomfield and
Deutsche Schule Metro Detroit » German language classes in Troy

I would assume shopping at Target/Meijer/Trader Joe's/Costco regularly and would prefer not sitting in the car all day to run errands. I may also have a part time job in Health Care.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit