Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2015, 03:12 PM

1,107 posts, read 3,061,097 times

Advertisements

Redford seems to be safe. I know a person who makes 100K and lives in Redford. So it would have to be good. I only drive thru redford and it seems like a good area that has some grit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2015, 11:26 AM

2,362 posts, read 1,910,211 times
word of caution about livonia...the "nice areas" are shrinking...yes white flight has begun and all that ensews...you mentioned wanting to be in a mostly white neighborhhood, that aint gonne happen in south east livonia...the part that is nice (furthest north west corner, before you hit farmington lol) is so far from ecorse that it wouldnt be worth it

allen park...that would be a good starting point...

Old 01-07-2015, 10:19 PM

28 posts, read 28,964 times
I live in LP, it will be too "brown" for you... West Dearborn is great, and doesnt have that middle eastern influence you seem so terrified of, its there but nothing like it is on the East side or South End. I lived 2 years behind Fordson HS though and my SWF self absolutely adored it. Not to buy into profiling or whatever, but hispanic and middle eastern neighborhoods i think are generally well kept, have a good sense of community, i like the neighborhood feel where kids feel safe playing in their FRONT yards and you can rely on neighbors to watch out for one another, and i see a lot of that.

Buuuut since i see you're already here, and my "neighbor" in wyandotte, how do you love it, where have you been hanging out? You're missing out avoiding "anywhere in the city" let me tell you. I wouldnt live there, no, but Corktown, downtown and southwest are fun and have some real gems as far as bars and restaurants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit