U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 05:45 PM

866 posts, read 4,106,643 times

Advertisements

Is it official that he is really going to be gone? This would make me and my entire family happy. I would have to say that he is the worst mayor that the City of Detroit has ever seen! And I mean ever! It's to bad that Archer can't come back, the City was doing pretty well when he was in office. I hope that if this is official, that a seroius person, who cares and wants to renew and help the City will take his place!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2008, 06:24 PM

7 posts, read 17,595 times
Both the mayor and his mistress/chief of staff need to be prosecuted for perjury. He's a disgrace. It's about time someone has been able to produce proof that this man is "grimy". They should be made to pay back this city! While we are at it, Martha Reeves needs to go! Seriously, she has no clue.

Old 01-25-2008, 06:45 PM

2,506 posts, read 8,260,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
Just remembered Marion Berry
Come on, that was powdered sugar all over his nose. Everybody knows that.

Old 01-25-2008, 06:51 PM

2,868 posts, read 9,281,988 times
You know what the sad thing is...I am sure somehow Kwame's circle of croonie's will squirm his way out of this for him...

Cuz "he don't Moderator cut: bad word around on his wife." He is such a shyster!

I swear if I saw that man in public I would take off my shoe (a very high heel) and throw it at him.

He needs to go to jail for purjury...just like the regular person would have too... along with his little biddy...er I mean Beaty.

Last edited by Yac; 01-28-2008 at 02:39 AM.. Reason: :)

Old 01-25-2008, 08:33 PM

210 posts, read 799,021 times
[quote=Dr.Jim;2623190]Never, in living in over 17 states, have I seen such a corrupt, and somehow "charmed" mayor. That 'somehow' keeps getting re-elected.
[quote]

You obviously weren't around during the Coleman Young years.

Mr. Hip Hop pales by comparison.

Old 01-25-2008, 08:57 PM

57 posts, read 158,077 times
I grew up with Hiz Honor Coleman ... that is why me and my family stopped coming downtown.

Dexterguy ~ Why can't Archer come back ? ! ? Does the Mayor's position have term limits ? ? ? Last I heard there wasn't any limits to how many years a person can be Mayor. I met Mr. Archer when I worked at NBD Bank and he was very personable. We would laugh and joke about how his wife made him do his own banking when he had a staff of how many who could do it for him. Many people didn't like Archer and said he didn't accomplish anything. I would like to see those people try and make things better after years of decay ~ Archer had a tough job and did the best he could ~ especially with the idiots sitting on the City Council who turned down everything Archer wanted to do.

As for the City Council, more people than Martha need to find the door and quickly. What I have always found amazing about our City Council ~ not all areas of Detroit are represented. When you put up a map of Detroit and than put pushpins in the map where the Council members live ... there are huge gaps of people not being heard or represented.

Hiz Honor Hip Hop better get some jail time or Ms. Worthy is opening up the door for litigation and problems for her and the Legal Department of Detroit. People who have been accused and prosecuted for perjury can point to the Mayor and his mistress getting away with the crime.

The only ones involved in this whole thing that I feel sorry for are the children ... the adults are better able to handling this kind of situation, but the children .... bless there little hearts.

Old 01-25-2008, 09:24 PM

7 posts, read 17,595 times
ITA with moosemom with regard to the children, they certainly didn't sign up for this. What gets me is that there are large factions of Detroiters who will support this scumbag no matter what he does (lie, cheat, steal). It doesn't matter much to them, whatever he does is alright with them. It sickens me! There is nothing that Kwame can do to regain credibility and respect with me -ever!

Old 01-25-2008, 10:34 PM

I feel really badly for his kids as well...Can you imagine what other kids probably say to them at school? He is just a scumbag all around...as a mayor, as a husband and as a father...He absolutely is not someone who should be a representative for this city...

Old 01-26-2008, 11:29 AM

70 posts, read 284,947 times
Kilpatrick has done alot for the city core, and it's revitilization. Anyone, for example, who thinks Superbowl would have came without his bid and negotiation is crazy.

Consider the 1.3 billion in new and rehab construction just finished or in progress. The fact that Detroit has led the State in housing starts for over 3 years and running. Kwame's ability to secure Federal funds also receives high marks.

Many of you may be surprised to find out that more than half of Americans have an affair at some point in their marriage. I wonder if all these people were calling for Bill Clinton to go to jail when he was playing pokey with Monica and a cigar in the White House. Probably plenty of you will be voting for his wife.

I was no fan of Coleman Young as a mayor though, I did respect some of his views, Kilpatrick is a far superior mayor.

Archer was alright but didn't accomplish very much, he let City Council push him around. When Archer was mayor, white non detroiters, were just as quick to criticise him almsot as much as Kwame.

It is certainly true Kwame gives critics more ammo than did Archer but the similarities are clear.

I can't stand City Council, it should be abolished or reformed IMO.

I think it's quite clear that some opinions about Kilpatrick boil down to racism and prejudice. There are plenty of NON DETROITERS that wont be happy until there's a white mayor in the city, furthermore many that are so quick to criticise Kwame don't even go to the city, don't pay city taxes, can't vote in the city and haven't been there for years. I have news for ya, it's never gonna happen ( a white mayor ) .

With that said, his actions are indefensible and it is a problem that this whole controversy has cost the city so much money with the settlement related to the terminations.

Again similiar to Clinton and his White House sexcapades cost taxpayers well over 30 millioin dollars. Ken Star???

A white married member of congress can solicit men for prostitution in the toilet and get convicted and still hold office?

Unless he has broken laws, he should finish his term, unless he would prefer to resign as a personal choice. I would have liked to see him push for better and new public transportation and speed up demolition of abandon property and code enforcement as well as improve city services, response times, etc.

Old 01-26-2008, 03:07 PM

Yeah, a lot of men cheat on their wives...uh, yeah so what...

Not a lot of men are untruthful under oath about it during a trial. Which, the last time I checked is breaking a law...and is punishable by time in the clink.... Purjury = breaking law...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit