U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2008, 02:46 PM

4 posts, read 11,643 times

Advertisements

I do not care who sleeps with who. I care about the jobs (police officers) and the money that was lost due to his behavior. He needs to pay back every last penny to the city that was used for his affairs which include the phone bills for text messaging, trips, hotels, dinners, etc. What about those officers who tried to do "the right thing" for the city and were fired! I do not understand why people are sticking up for this man? Do they not realize that their tax dollars were used for these expenses? While we are out working and trying to pay our bills, this man is out "living it up" with my hard earned money! The next time you receive a pay check and view the city taxes you paid for the year, ask yourself "I wonder if Kwame had a good time on his trip"? If Kwame paid for all these expenses on his own, this would be more of a personal/family issue then public.

Last edited by Mia040307; 01-27-2008 at 03:00 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2008, 11:24 AM

362 posts, read 1,447,613 times
Well, I see that KK has appointed a new Chief of Staff, after CB got thrown under the bus. KK still hasn't got the ***ls to face the public, nor does he have the integrity to do the right thing and follow his lover's example by resigning. NOOOOOOOOOO, he's going to cost the taxpayer's MORE money by putting it thru an investigation and possibly a trial. Kym Worthy needs to stick to her guns and charge this low-life with perjury.

Old 01-30-2008, 09:10 AM

22 posts, read 18,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
Finally getting rid of that good for nothing mayor. Too bad we cannot get rid of the whole pack at once. Anyone know anything about Ken Cockrel?

What about you ? are you clean ? why don't you ask yourself whether you have never slept out .
All these guys who are harrassing kwame' are a bunch of haters who are not even able to be elected in a zip code. Kwame' came through elections,he will leave if and only if the people of Detroit recall him. This city is not ruled by unions. We are not in a communist country here.
Besides, let make it clear that the $ 9 millions that are said to have been wasted are the result of the continuous harrassment Kwame' is being victime since he came into office. Having sex when on political trip is taken out of proportions for political purposes.Shame on the loosers ! Those who are dreaming to come in a sit down without being elected are nothing but coup leaders.
I support him 100 %. we have somebody who is not ashame of his origin. In a world were people are demonizing the motherland ,he chooses to have an original name from this continent.
God bless Kwame'.

panafrican,
Detroiter from west africa.

Old 01-30-2008, 10:41 AM

30,334 posts, read 75,355,285 times
Lets see:

Blatantly lying under oath.

Having police officers fired for doing their job because it might embarrass him.

Spending $9 million City dollars on a sex affair with a staffer.

Buying his wife a car with City $, then lying about it.

These are the qualities that we want in a mayor? This is what we want to tell the rest of the word is Detroit's best?

These are only the things that are proved. The somewhat supported issues are even worse.

The only thing that Kwame has going for him is that the unions do not like him.

By the way, the answers to your initial questions are yes I am clean. No I have never "slept out" and I have no respect for those who ignore their marriage vows, but that is not the real issue here. That shows him to be immoral. The lying, abuse of power, abuse of city funds, and hiding show him to be unfit to govern. If he worked for a private company, he would be fired and cut off long ago. It never would have gotten this far.

I do not care about his name. I do not care about his skin color. I do not care about his origins. All of that is irrelevant. I care about his actions, how he manages the money and power that we have entrusted to him, and how he represents Detroit to the rest of the world. The answer is that he abuses the money and power entrusted to him and he represents Detroit in an extremely negative light to the rest of the world. Everyone who reads about this is now having their preconceived notions and prejudices about Detroit and its people affirmed.

Too bad he still has not grown up. If he had, he would step down like a man and appoint a decent person as his successor and try to minimize the damage. (It appears that Ken Cockerel would be a good choice from what I can learn about him).

What has Kwame done for the city? As far as I can tell, nothing. the few advances that the city has made since he was elected were done by the council and/or staff. If there is something that he can personally take credit for, please let me know. I would like to know something good that he has done. He must have done something besides stealing money, wasting money, having sex with staff members, using his power and city resources to cover up his indiscretions, and generally making the city government an embarrassment.

Old 01-30-2008, 11:10 AM

362 posts, read 1,447,613 times
Just like the Bill Clinton and Monica Lewinsky fiasco, the supporters of KK just do NOT get it! They seem to think that it's all about SEX and it's not.

It's about LYING under oath! Which is a crime -- it's called perjury.

It's about 2 police officers being FIRED for doing their JOB.

It's about 9 million dollars that the taxpayers of the City of Detroit can NOT afford.

This man (and I use that term VERY loosely) needs to do the right thing and step down. I've said it in a previous post and I'll say it again -- his lover has shown class by resigning. KK HAS no class, so Detroit is going to be paying his bills for a LONG time to come.

Old 01-30-2008, 12:06 PM

2,868 posts, read 9,278,587 times
I keep reading he has no plans of resigning...Just to appologize in his 'talk' this evening...

Isn't there some kind of movement that can force him to resign? I mean, the majority of this city dislikes this man. I no longer think he can effectively run this city...What can people do to get this creep to get out of office?

Oh, did anyone else hear he was in South Carolina with another unidentified woman. Not his wife or CB....I believe it was about 3 weeks ago...They were getting it on in a hot tub...Not that this has any impact on my opinion on the no good for nothing scum...LOL, well ok it does...but I swear, everytime I turn on the TV, the leader of this city is insulting the dignity and pride here.

Old 01-30-2008, 02:21 PM

30,334 posts, read 75,355,285 times
I think that he can be recalled. It is a hassle, but not terribly hard.

When I lived in CA, a bunch of p.o.ed moms took on a corrupt school board member and his union backers and got him recalled. That was a grass roots movement. There were four moms and three of them did not even speak English. They just got the ball rolling and it grew and grew. Pretty soon we were having garage sales, bake sales, recycling drives, home tours, all kinds of things to raise the money needed. I got involved late in the effort and there were about 600 volunteers collecting signatures and spreading the word, door to door. Once they got the recall on the ballot, it was all over. The corrupt guy spent hundreds of thousands of dollars fighting the recall, but he lost. (Makes you wonder how a school board position can be worth hundreds of thousands? Well that handle a budget of a billion or close to it. ) If you are right about how the city fees about him, a recall effort would unquestionably succeed.

Old 01-31-2008, 03:35 PM

560 posts, read 2,115,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panafrican View Post
What about you ? are you clean ? why don't you ask yourself whether you have never slept out .
All these guys who are harrassing kwame' are a bunch of haters who are not even able to be elected in a zip code. Kwame' came through elections,he will leave if and only if the people of Detroit recall him. This city is not ruled by unions. We are not in a communist country here.
Besides, let make it clear that the $ 9 millions that are said to have been wasted are the result of the continuous harrassment Kwame' is being victime since he came into office. Having sex when on political trip is taken out of proportions for political purposes.Shame on the loosers ! Those who are dreaming to come in a sit down without being elected are nothing but coup leaders.
I support him 100 %. we have somebody who is not ashame of his origin. In a world were people are demonizing the motherland ,he chooses to have an original name from this continent.
God bless Kwame'.

panafrican,
You make absolutely no sense. I could care less who he has sex with as long as my tax dollars don't pay for it. I could care less where he goes on vacation as long as my tax dollars don't pay for it. He can do what ever he wants on his own time with his OWN money. The whole problem with Kwame is that he is like a kid in a candy store. He was handed all that power and it made him believe that he is untouchable. I don't hate Kwame, I don't care enough about him to expend the energy to hate him. You can't dispute the fact that he lied under oath and that is called perjury and is a crime. You can put what ever spin on it you want, bottom line is, he broke the law and needs to be charged for it.

Old 01-31-2008, 09:13 PM

320 posts, read 514,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panafrican View Post
God bless Kwame'.

panafrican,
It's amazing how you can blindly support a fellow black man who had the chance (although I call it a responsibility) to show other young african-americans what hard work, education and desire can do. He was in a very visible and authoritative position as the leader of a large city and he totally abused it. Who cares about the fact that he stepped out on his wife. It happens and that's something that he and his wife will have to work out. But to drag other people down to protect his own sorry hyde rather than standing up and being accountable is totally inexcusable. To fire the 2 officers who were just doing there job because he wasn't doing his was cowardly and indefensible. I'm sure you know how hard it is to keep a good job these days. So how would you like to be the one to come home to your family and explain to your children that there may not be any food in the house because you were fired for being too good at your job? Kwame Kilpatrick doesn't deserve your support or anyone's sympathy. We should all demand more from our leaders black or white rather than mindlessly supporting them and coming up with excuses for them. He ruined many lives not including his own simply because he thought he was above it all. Like it or not Mayor Kilpatrick was in a position where young african-americans looked up to him. If this is the way that he is going to lead then nobody needs him.

Old 01-31-2008, 11:55 PM

8,882 posts, read 19,086,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientCoins View Post
Many of you may be surprised to find out that more than half of Americans have an affair at some point in their marriage. I wonder if all these people were calling for Bill Clinton to go to jail when he was playing pokey with Monica and a cigar in the White House. Probably plenty of you will be voting for his wife.
Nope, yep, and nope.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit