U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 07:12 PM

510 posts, read 1,415,139 times

Advertisements

Yep!

And we are still waiting to hear from the Court, and then we will see if he finally gives in or keeps trying to keep these things secret and cost the city more money.

While I am certainly no "fan" of Christine Beatty, it boiled my blood when I heard Kwame saying "It was OBVIOUS SHE had to resign."
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2008, 11:44 AM

999 posts, read 4,395,688 times
I've said it before and I'll say it again. In a city with an out-of-wedlock birthrate of what, 70, 80%? Kwame's travails will get him MORE votes, not less. The media is picking on him, taking him to task for the same kind of behavior that got many male Detroiters tied up with friend of the court. Only problem is, women vote. Women with kids and no child support vote. So Kwame has to make those women understand that he's doing the right thing, apologizing, taking care of Karlita with a new Navigator, and blaming the media convincingly.

He'll come out of this just fine. We love you Kwame!!!

Honestly, I think the party happened, but the whole Strawberry homicide was probably much ado about not much related to Kwame. Dancers hang out with dope men, and dope men get shot. I think the shooter was trying to get Strawberry's friend, not her. She was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. Happens all the time and rarely even makes the paper. And the fact that a Glock was allegedly used? Everybody has Glocks, not just the cops.

You know, former Detroit mayor Roman Gribbs is still alive I think. Actually a practicing judge somewhere? I bet he's been laughing his butt off for a long time.....I wonder if he and Archer get together at the downtown judge hangout every now and then for a beer and some yucks.

Old 02-25-2008, 11:58 AM

8,882 posts, read 19,097,309 times
I was thinking of attending the National Brownfields Conference in Detroit this May. But then I saw Kwame's picture and a testimonial on the site, and I'm having second thoughts.

Brownfields2008

He's one of the people in the upper right that rotate. He popped up the first time I went to the site.

Last edited by magellan; 02-25-2008 at 12:10 PM..

Old 02-25-2008, 12:27 PM

It would be interesting to attend, just to see how much brownfields are going for these days.

Old 02-25-2008, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by and the View Post
I've said it before and I'll say it again. In a city with an out-of-wedlock birthrate of what, 70, 80%? Kwame's travails will get him MORE votes, not less. The media is picking on him, taking him to task for the same kind of behavior that got many male Detroiters tied up with friend of the court. Only problem is, women vote. Women with kids and no child support vote. So Kwame has to make those women understand that he's doing the right thing, apologizing, taking care of Karlita with a new Navigator, and blaming the media convincingly.

He'll come out of this just fine. We love you Kwame!!!

Honestly, I think the party happened, but the whole Strawberry homicide was probably much ado about not much related to Kwame. Dancers hang out with dope men, and dope men get shot. I think the shooter was trying to get Strawberry's friend, not her. She was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. Happens all the time and rarely even makes the paper. And the fact that a Glock was allegedly used? Everybody has Glocks, not just the cops.

You know, former Detroit mayor Roman Gribbs is still alive I think. Actually a practicing judge somewhere? I bet he's been laughing his butt off for a long time.....I wonder if he and Archer get together at the downtown judge hangout every now and then for a beer and some yucks.

I once thought that same thing about the Greene Murder. But then I watched that video I mentioned: "Christine Beatty Testifies"

YouTube - Christine Beatty testifies

In fact, if you have a minute, play it once with-OUT volume. Watch her face starting at 2:15 into the video.

Then watch it with sound. Once you SEE how she reacts to mention of that memo, if you can read body language, I believe you will see that she knew something about that stripper's murder.

I find it odd that the killer had a second chance at killing the boyfriend, but according to the report, did not take the shot.

Then check out: "Manoogian Mansion Party Investigation:"

YouTube - MANOOGIAN MANSION PARTY Ch 4 INVESTIGATION

Even when you remove all the media spin, it is still hard to understand AFTER that WDIV report (which happens to be from 2005!) why on earth Mike Cox didn't remove the case from the cold case files and at least make it LOOK like he was trying to solve it? . Why did he not even allow investigators to subpoena 911 records??? That is VERY ODD. Something is being covered-up, and if it's NOT that girl's murder, then it is something equally as big, IMO.

Something's FISHY in MISHY!!!

Also, does anybody know anything about the ex-director of the MI State Police..."Tadarial Sturdivant?" I wonder why somebody in his position would have "retired" after only a couple years on the job? (Feb 2003-2006) He stated he wanted to "spend more quality time with his family" but he was only, I think...49 or 50 years old! Again, that just doesn't sound right to me. The "rumor" was that he was at the party, so maybe it comes back to that. But I was also wondering if he was being asked for "favors" (like have your boys on the State Police stop investigating all this...) and he retired rather than get pulled into the middle of a cover-up. ???

Old 02-25-2008, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Even when you remove all the media spin, it is still hard to understand AFTER that WDIV report (which happens to be from 2005!) why on earth Mike Cox didn't remove the case from the cold case files and at least make it LOOK like he was trying to solve it?
Interesting, but Cox was the AG. A Detroit homicide was a Detroit problem....with their 30% clearance rate....I too heard that Sturdivant was there....
Speaking of quick retirements, why did Ike McKinnon retire as Detroit PD Chief in the middle of Dennis Archer's term as mayor?

Old 02-25-2008, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by and the View Post
Interesting, but Cox was the AG. A Detroit homicide was a Detroit problem....with their 30% clearance rate....I too heard that Sturdivant was there....
Speaking of quick retirements, why did Ike McKinnon retire as Detroit PD Chief in the middle of Dennis Archer's term as mayor?
I don't really know to be quite honest. What is your take?

Old 02-25-2008, 06:03 PM

I have no idea. I read his autobiography, and remember wondering why he quit in the middle of Archer's term.

Old 02-28-2008, 03:39 PM

So, who still thinks he will come out this smelling like a rose? Or with a little spanking?

I can't believe how many people still stick up for that...that..."man." There is NO place like Detroit! What does he have to do to actually get some people to see him for the POS he is? Stab a baby seal on live tv? (Oh, never mind, ya'all proly like da seal coats)

In case you didn't notice, the entire country is laughing at Detroit. Again.

Old 02-28-2008, 03:53 PM

156 posts, read 544,056 times
Hey, they re-elected Marion Barry as mayor of D.C. when he was released from prison, so there is sort of a precedent for, shall we say, an electorate with poor judgment. Let's just hope they don't reelect Kwame after he gets out of jail for perjury.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit