Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 10:08 PM

30,701 posts, read 79,347,054 times

Advertisements

Finally getting rid of that good for nothing mayor. Too bad we cannot get rid of the whole pack at once. Anyone know anything about Ken Cockrel?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2008, 11:01 PM

2,868 posts, read 9,524,454 times
He needs to at least leave his postition with a little dignity...I mean seriously,,,grow a pair, fess up and show this town full of impressionable young men how a real man deals with a huge problem. It might me the best thing he will ever do...
I am a transplanted Cincinnatian here...And he has been nothing but a crooked problem from the first time I have ever heard his name on the news... He needs to resign...and go away...to prison...for a long time...and have his passionate love making sessions there.

Old 01-25-2008, 12:03 AM

151 posts, read 638,922 times
I seriously doubt that he'll do any jail time.

I am a huge fan of Kwame Kilpatrick, but it is very difficult to defend this. Even harder to accept is that the woman he chose is the Chief of Staff. Couldn't he at least cheat with someone who he doesn't have to work with everyday and that isn't friends with his wife?

I think back to all of the years that he publicly defended himself against "the urban legend" and made comments like "I am not whoring around on my wife". He was so darn adamant that it was a lie that it was believable!!

Eventhough it sounds like his wife already knew, think of how she must feel about this. That's the real tragedy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Danielle* View Post
He needs to at least leave his postition with a little dignity...I mean seriously,,,grow a pair, fess up and show this town full of impressionable young men how a real man deals with a huge problem. It might me the best thing he will ever do...
I am a transplanted Cincinnatian here...And he has been nothing but a crooked problem from the first time I have ever heard his name on the news... He needs to resign...and go away...to prison...for a long time...and have his passionate love making sessions there.

Old 01-25-2008, 10:49 AM

24 posts, read 124,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
Finally getting rid of that good for nothing mayor. Too bad we cannot get rid of the whole pack at once. Anyone know anything about Ken Cockrel?
I went to school with him.

Old 01-25-2008, 12:12 PM

48 posts, read 162,485 times
What is sad is that because he wanted to cover up his sexcapades two police officers were let go and then the city had to pay 9 million that it did not have.

What happens when Beatty resigns or is fired? Is she gonna file suit becasue she had an affair with the boss and then was pressured or fired from the job? Its all such a tragedy for Detroit which deserves better.

Old 01-25-2008, 01:11 PM

Carrera4s, what do you
think of Cockrel? Is he smart? honest?
Is he something more than just a Kwame puppet?
Any chance that he will clean out the remaining scumbums?

It is my understanding that he is next in line.

Old 01-25-2008, 03:02 PM

168 posts, read 837,952 times
Thank god. Kwame is a complete POS, and finally,...hopefully will be gone!
Never, in living in over 17 states, have I seen such a corrupt, and somehow "charmed" mayor. That 'somehow' keeps getting re-elected.

Good riddence!

Old 01-25-2008, 03:28 PM

2,868 posts, read 9,524,454 times
Dr. Jim...are you a chiropractor by any slim chance???

Old 01-25-2008, 03:42 PM

reminds me of the mayor of DC. What was his name? Did he finally go to prison? Did he get to be mayor from prison?

Old 01-25-2008, 03:43 PM

Just remembered Marion Berry
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit