Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2015, 01:25 PM

321 posts, read 419,532 times

Advertisements

Hmm, I guess you're right on the urban farming thing. I'm down by the river (not living in a van) so when I drive on Mack I'm usually just passing through.

I still wouldn't move there, especially after your review of the neighborhood. Shame though, decent location. Maybe I'll look a little more carefully next time I'm in that part of town.

Old 08-31-2015, 02:05 PM

4,647 posts, read 8,595,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rleroy View Post
Hmm, I guess you're right on the urban farming thing. I'm down by the river (not living in a van) so when I drive on Mack I'm usually just passing through.

I still wouldn't move there, especially after your review of the neighborhood. Shame though, decent location. Maybe I'll look a little more carefully next time I'm in that part of town.
It's not the best area definitely, but OP doesn't seem like some uptight suburbanite who shrieks at the sight of an unmanicured lawn. Plenty of people are used to rough urban neighborhoods and as I've kept saying, there's still worse off areas for OP to move into if he desperately had to.

Old 09-01-2015, 12:49 PM

15 posts, read 17,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwestman View Post
I'm on Google maps now. This area looks pretty bad. Where's this building that the OP is moving to?
Lanier Ct Apartments.

Old 09-01-2015, 12:51 PM

Quote:
There isn't even an apartment building at that intersection.

Starting to think it might be a troll.
Lanier Ct, isnt even ON the corner. It's about half a block up Holcomb. So no, i'm not a troll. Quick to judge much?

Old 09-01-2015, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneCounty View Post
Why do you want to move to such a ****hole? Do you care about your safety and well being&? There are plenty of cheap areas in Detroit that aren't quite as dangerous...
I understand that, but most places you have to wait over a year in order to even get an apartment. Plus factor in rent prices.

Old 09-01-2015, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MS313 View Post
As long as you understand what your getting into, the decision is yours to make. Good luck, stay vigilant, and stay safe. Also, the black comment isn't going to fly, I damn sure wouldn't have that kind of attitude, it's pretty smart to get cool with your neighbors because they will be more likely to look out for you.
The reason I am they way i am against black males, is BECAUSE I have been attacked by them and robbed twice, all while minding my own business. I simply don't have faith in them (or humanity) anymore, LOL.

Old 09-01-2015, 01:02 PM

Quote:
WTF is wrong with you? Not only is that incredibly ignorant, you're also moving into what I'd say a 95% black neighborhood.
I have my reasons, as I still suffer from PTSD from the first 2 muggings
commited by black males my age or younger. So i don't think its ignorant. I'm just incredibly wary now.

Old 09-01-2015, 01:27 PM

321 posts, read 419,532 times
This is going to be good. Someone afraid of getting mugged by young black men, moving into a violent area of town dominated residentially by young, black men.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
View detailed profiles of: