U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2016, 11:51 AM
SQL

1,337 posts, read 899,316 times

Advertisements

Giants and Cowboys are up in the air. The Giants just beat the Cowboys for the 2nd time, who have been the best team in the NFL this year.

Ideally, they should be able to beat Green Bay at home, but they've been all over the place this year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2016, 10:33 AM

21,093 posts, read 24,761,383 times
Looks like it will be an early out for Stafford and company..

9--7 season is acceptable. Now if they can win a playoff game, which seems unlikely as a wildcard..

Lions do have second place wrapped up having beaten the Vikings twice..

Old 01-14-2017, 07:06 PM

14,949 posts, read 26,995,083 times
The Lions need to shore up their running game and their defensive front. My Pack went power football on them with a fullback, and you don't see that much in today's league.

I'll say this - Matthew Stafford served me a plate of crow this year, even without beating the Pack. I thought he was done when Megatron left. That he's an average QB who was made to look better than he is because he has this freak WR who gets to balls no one else can, who can leap for those too-tall passes Stafford has heaved in the past. He had a great season.

See you next year - GPG

Old 01-15-2017, 06:40 AM

21,093 posts, read 24,761,383 times
All things considered, the Lions had a successful year--so far as a Detroit team goes. I was glad to see Megatron go..Stafford has shown he is a solid quarterback and can generally take a beating. Fix the front line and either work with Bodin or dump his numbly hands..

Old 01-15-2017, 07:29 PM

1,851 posts, read 2,291,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
All things considered, the Lions had a successful year--so far as a Detroit team goes. I was glad to see Megatron go..Stafford has shown he is a solid quarterback and can generally take a beating. Fix the front line and either work with Bodin or dump his numbly hands..
The Lions missed Megatron in those last 4 games (all losses). They had no difference-makers/play-makers on the offensive side of the ball.

And they need a running game to eat some clock because that defense wears down.

Old 01-15-2017, 09:57 PM

865 posts, read 563,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MS313 View Post
The Detroit Lions are #1 in the NFC North and have handling business lately (which is why it's getting so hard to get tickets). I was sad to see Calvin Johnson aka Megatron go but Matt Stafford has really picked things up and actually has better stats than Aaron Rodgers this season. How do you guys feel about the Lions this season? How do you feel about Matt Stafford's performance this season? Any predictions for the future?
My predictions:
We beat the Chicago Bears easily.
We beat the New York Giants
A possible loss to the Dallas Cowboys
We beat Green Bay at Ford Field probably in a close game.
We win at least one playoff game.

I recommend a new crystal ball.

GPG!

Old 01-16-2017, 11:01 AM

3,671 posts, read 4,799,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campfires View Post
I recommend a new crystal ball.

GPG!
Just a guess from a delusional Lions fan. At least two of my guesses were right. This all could have been possible if the Lions didn't choke away the rest of the season. They were CAPABLE of making that possible. They probably would have had a better chance if so many of their players weren't injured.

Old 01-16-2017, 05:38 PM

865 posts, read 563,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MS313 View Post
Just a guess from a delusional Lions fan. At least two of my guesses were right. This all could have been possible if the Lions didn't choke away the rest of the season. They were CAPABLE of making that possible. They probably would have had a better chance if so many of their players weren't injured.
I'm just as shocked as you are. Certainly an improbable finish to the season. Perhaps the silver lining is that the Lions nearly beat the possible Super Bowl champs. They were the real deal this year, no question about it.

Old 01-17-2017, 07:41 PM

6,419 posts, read 5,067,468 times
Barry Sanders was a good player! Wish he played longer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit