U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2016, 01:29 PM

109 posts, read 92,969 times

Advertisements

I'm closing on a house next month and need to find an attorney to review the closing papers. Any tips on where to find ratings? Yelp was not much help.

I'm in Northville, if it matters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2016, 02:52 PM

27,784 posts, read 65,753,528 times
Bob Sheehan of Rochester Hills is honest and competent.

Old 12-06-2016, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
Bob Sheehan of Rochester Hills is honest and competent.
Thanks. What did he do for you?

Old 12-08-2016, 12:50 PM

He wrote my Dad's will.

I have known Bob for 40 years. He was my debate partner in High School. We went through different law schools together, but stayed in touch/discussed classes and cases, went and watched trials during one summer or during spring break. We worked together at a law firm in California for several years. He is godfather to one of my children. We used to bounce ideas/issues off each other at times when I was in private practice at different firms. When I moved back to Michigan from California, he referred me to the Michigan firm where I ended up working for 8 years. He knew them well because they refer business/real estate matters to him when they have a conflict, or the matter/client was smaller than they are set up to handle, or could not handle the matter for other reasons. I refer friends and/or clients to him when they need general business or real estate work (in fact, I referred a good friend to him last week). Every one has been happy with him. If I had legal needs that I could not handle myself, I would go to him. If I won the lotto and needed someone to hold onto the ticket for me, I would trust him with it. However it is not just a personal reference, he is the best gp/small-business/individual lawyer I know. He is a very bright guy.

He has an amazing backstory btw. Came from a tough background with no money and no parental support. Put himself through College and Law school through scholarships, working, and loans. Put in his time with law firms to learn the ropes, struck out on his own, struggled for a few years and eventually built a very successful law practice. They should make a movie about him. I have a lot of respect for the guy.

Old 12-11-2016, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
He wrote my Dad's will.

I have known Bob for 40 years. He was my debate partner in High School. We went through different law schools together, but stayed in touch/discussed classes and cases, went and watched trials during one summer or during spring break. We worked together at a law firm in California for several years. He is godfather to one of my children. We used to bounce ideas/issues off each other at times when I was in private practice at different firms. When I moved back to Michigan from California, he referred me to the Michigan firm where I ended up working for 8 years. He knew them well because they refer business/real estate matters to him when they have a conflict, or the matter/client was smaller than they are set up to handle, or could not handle the matter for other reasons. I refer friends and/or clients to him when they need general business or real estate work (in fact, I referred a good friend to him last week). Every one has been happy with him. If I had legal needs that I could not handle myself, I would go to him. If I won the lotto and needed someone to hold onto the ticket for me, I would trust him with it. However it is not just a personal reference, he is the best gp/small-business/individual lawyer I know. He is a very bright guy.

He has an amazing backstory btw. Came from a tough background with no money and no parental support. Put himself through College and Law school through scholarships, working, and loans. Put in his time with law firms to learn the ropes, struck out on his own, struggled for a few years and eventually built a very successful law practice. They should make a movie about him. I have a lot of respect for the guy.
Wow, sounds like a saint.

Old 12-12-2016, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbelly View Post
Wow, sounds like a saint.
No just a good guy, and, perhaps more rare, an honest and competent attorney.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or