U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-31-2016, 12:21 PM
 
12,486 posts, read 7,583,753 times
Reputation: 4755

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Blacks are much worse off under Obama than before. He is desperately trying to leave a legacy: "I forced little ol' Eastpointe to elect a black person." lol, what a joke!
I think this is an example of "Obama derangement syndrome". How is it on one hand you say he fancies himself as the "black savior" when you yourself has noted that metrics for blacks have gone done under his presidency? If Obama ever communicated that he was going to do things particularly for blacks.....he would have never been elected or reelected. I mean, Trump has pledged to do more for blacks than Obama has ever pledged to do for blacks. If Obama had ever made such a statement, while running for President, he would have never been elected. Trump is the one who fancies himself as the black savior, proclaiming that by the next election he will have 90% of the black vote....rothlmao.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-31-2016, 01:24 PM
 
Location: Here.
14,538 posts, read 13,262,767 times
Reputation: 17006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
How is it on one hand you say he fancies himself as the "black savior" when you yourself has noted that metrics for blacks have gone done under his presidency?
Quite simple. He was expected to be the savior of black people, but failed miserably at it. It was all a lie. He has no clue how to solve the black problem because he is black in skin color only. But now he is directing his Department of Black Justice to persecute anyone who can be made to look like racists. I'm surprised he hasn't come to the defense of the black guy who endangered the lives of hundreds (thousands?) by driving around drunk in Eastpointe and who had to be restrained in a chair because he was trying to injure himself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-31-2016, 06:25 PM
 
12,486 posts, read 7,583,753 times
Reputation: 4755
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Quite simple. He was expected to be the savior of black people, but failed miserably at it. It was all a lie. He has no clue how to solve the black problem because he is black in skin color only. But now he is directing his Department of Black Justice to persecute anyone who can be made to look like racists. I'm surprised he hasn't come to the defense of the black guy who endangered the lives of hundreds (thousands?) by driving around drunk in Eastpointe and who had to be restrained in a chair because he was trying to injure himself.
I am confused on how expectations can be a lie. If any black person expected Obama to take us to the promised land.....then that is called unrealistic expectations.....not a lie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-31-2016, 07:55 PM
 
Location: Here.
14,538 posts, read 13,262,767 times
Reputation: 17006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
I am confused on how expectations can be a lie. If any black person expected Obama to take us to the promised land.....then that is called unrealistic expectations.....not a lie.
The unrealistic expectations were based on the lying rhetoric of Obama. "There's no white America and black America." But of course we need a black Eastpointe to balance the white Eastpointe.

By the way, Indentured Servant, I really appreciate you indulging me in civil debate. I'm surprised the Mods have allowed it to go this far, lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-01-2017, 07:55 AM
 
12,486 posts, read 7,583,753 times
Reputation: 4755
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
The unrealistic expectations were based on the lying rhetoric of Obama. "There's no white America and black America." But of course we need a black Eastpointe to balance the white Eastpointe.

By the way, Indentured Servant, I really appreciate you indulging me in civil debate. I'm surprised the Mods have allowed it to go this far, lol.
First off....I did not vote for Obama either time. He did not have my vote because he DID NOT verbalize any commitment to address socioeconomic racial inequality. I felt that because he was black....that he would have to run from such commitments more so than would a white Democrat. It's funny because so many white conservatives seemed to have heard such pronouncements. The best Obama said, in those regards, was that a rising tide lifts all boats. He never, ever, claimed to address the inequality between black and white boats (I should not have to say that I am using boats as a metaphor....but some people will attempt to use the metaphor literally ). Again, if Obama had EVER come targeted black boats for uplift....he would have never been elected and if he had done it while president he would have been chased out of office. Hence...there were no lies to black people....PERIOD. Black people ASSUMED things......if anything.

Second, and Finally, I would bet you a beer (I don't drink though) that Obama does not have a clue of where EastPointe Michigan is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-01-2017, 09:51 AM
 
Location: Here.
14,538 posts, read 13,262,767 times
Reputation: 17006
So why then has he directed his DOJ to force superficial equality upon us? No one has ever filed a complaint about Eastpointe's election process. Shouldn't the DOJ be going after actual cases of injustice instead of dreaming them up? Seems to me there must be some agenda sent down from above for the DOJ to waste scarce resources on fabricated causes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-01-2017, 01:09 PM
 
12,486 posts, read 7,583,753 times
Reputation: 4755
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
So why then has he directed his DOJ to force superficial equality upon us? No one has ever filed a complaint about Eastpointe's election process. Shouldn't the DOJ be going after actual cases of injustice instead of dreaming them up? Seems to me there must be some agenda sent down from above for the DOJ to waste scarce resources on fabricated causes.
I assumed some local black officials or organization brought it to the attention of the Federal government.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-01-2017, 01:45 PM
 
Location: Here.
14,538 posts, read 13,262,767 times
Reputation: 17006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
I assumed some local black officials or organization brought it to the attention of the Federal government.
Nope. No evidence of that. I suspect some bored SJW in the DOJ was looking for an easy case to waste taxpayer resources on. Of course, there is no shortage of race-mongering black "leaders" who have nothing better to do than pretend that racism is still as alive and well as it was 50 years ago. Maybe they want Eastpointe to be their Furgesun so they can get some media coverage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-02-2017, 04:59 AM
Yac
 
6,017 posts, read 6,733,665 times
Quote:
Eastpointe to change how it elects its city council
not

"Obama is great/sucks" or "let's make it into a race issue"
Just in case anyone forgot
Yac.
__________________
Forum Rules
City-Data.com homepage
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-02-2017, 05:09 AM
 
Location: Here.
14,538 posts, read 13,262,767 times
Reputation: 17006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yac View Post
not

"Obama is great/sucks" or "let's make it into a race issue"
Just in case anyone forgot
Yac.
Just showing how Obama's racist agenda affects us at a local level. Could happen in any city in metro Detroit.

And trying to keep some discussions going on this thread so it doesn't die off completely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top