U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2017, 03:53 PM

4,020 posts, read 2,924,196 times

Advertisements

When driving home today I took the route that goes around Rouge Park and noticed something strange. On the side of the road, in the gravel, there were a bunch of cars parked with people inside them, seemingly at random. Mostly guys in their 40s or 50s, mostly driving newer model cars (I spotted a couple Wranglers, a Caravan, an Optima and some others). Parked next to nothing in particular, in the middle of relative nowhere, on Outer/Rouge between Warren and Schoolcraft, in broad daylight. What can they possibly be doing there?
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2017, 03:58 PM

1,648 posts, read 2,743,255 times
Hooking up - where have you been? Remember the story of the senator who was in an airport bathroom in Minneapolis and tapped his foot for a quickie and the guy in the other stall was a cop.

People of all ages still have the urge to hook up on the side and as long as restrooms and parks exist - so will hooking up in the wild or under a stall.

Just ignore it and hope it's not your spouse. Or play at your own risk.

Old 02-15-2017, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by belleislerunner View Post
Hooking up - where have you been? Remember the story of the senator who was in an airport bathroom in Minneapolis and tapped his foot for a quickie and the guy in the other stall was a cop.

People of all ages still have the urge to hook up on the side and as long as restrooms and parks exist - so will hooking up in the wild or under a stall.

Seriously, it's that simple of an explanation??? I thought of another nefarious activity (coppin'), but, ffs, this is not what I would call inconspicuous...

Damn, I was hoping it was some cool Detroit-native activity like bird-watching (who knows what herons live in those marshes) or somesuch.

Well...shiт, could have just googled it, I guess. Carry on, move along, nothing to see here.

Old 02-15-2017, 04:10 PM

You actually feel a tinge guilty for people who still do random hookups whatever they may be in public or solicit - there's apps for all of that now a days folks - hence the age of 40/50 reference - there's - Tinder (straight), Grindr (gay), Coffee and Bagels (platonic). Plus Craigslist for everything else.

There's absolutely zero excuse for anyone to get busted by a cop for anything - a la Melvin Butch Hallowell style a few years back picking up a working girl outside Dutch Girl Donuts.

Old 02-15-2017, 04:11 PM

Quote:
There's absolutely zero excuse for anyone to get busted by a cop for anything - a la Melvin Butch Hallowell style a few years back picking up a working girl outside Dutch Girl Donuts.
I thought there were enough cops in that area, but reading the results of my Google search apparently they've kind of let the place go. No wonder I was going 50 in a 25 (which, to me, is artificially low anyways) without so much as a how do you do.

Old 02-15-2017, 04:25 PM

There's a Detroit Police gun range right in Rouge Park - that's probably why you always seem them coming and going.

Old 02-16-2017, 03:06 AM

1,851 posts, read 2,293,137 times
Quote:

I live 4 blocks from Rouge Park and jog once or twice weekly in the park. I always wondered why those cars were parked along the roads. I thought it was just people buying/using drugs. I can't believe in this day and age that Rouge Park is still a spot for gay cruising. Homosexuality is way more accepted today and like BelleIsle said, you have Grindr and Craigslist.

Old 02-16-2017, 09:10 AM

Quote:
There's a Detroit Police gun range right in Rouge Park - that's probably why you always seem them coming and going.
I see them pulling people over on Warren, as well, but they don't seem to venture onto the park drives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit