U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-22-2017, 02:02 PM
 
1,851 posts, read 2,297,221 times
Reputation: 1864

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MS313 View Post
Yea America as a whole is getting boring af, I seen pictures of already built skyscrapers in cities overseas and by American standards, those cities look like their about 100 years into the future with some of their buildings. I knew it was going to be a glass tower but I didn't mind it because it was a nice curvy glass building, now? just another tall building. It won't even stand out 5 years after it's built because there will probably be a few more glass buildings built by then.

It's funny I just read a article yesterday from the Chicago Tribune talking about how Chicago is losing it's architectural reputation because most of the new construction is boring. As a person who always loved tall buildings as a kid it's kind of sad.

Here's the pic of the new rendering. More good news it will have a observation deck.
At this point, the design (although a disappointment) doesn't matter to me. We have had only one skyscraper built downtown in the last 23 years. This building will add something new and substantial to the skyline. Our skyline has fallen behind smaller cities like Denver, Seattle, even Austin. It's embarrassing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-23-2017, 10:48 AM
 
Location: Detroit
3,671 posts, read 4,807,081 times
Reputation: 2624
Quote:
Originally Posted by usroute10 View Post
At this point, the design (although a disappointment) doesn't matter to me. We have had only one skyscraper built downtown in the last 23 years. This building will add something new and substantial to the skyline. Our skyline has fallen behind smaller cities like Denver, Seattle, even Austin. It's embarrassing.
Yea Detroit has been the "Los Angeles" of skylines for quite some time (underwhelming for it's size). I'm still happy about the building don't get me wrong. I'm just not happy about the design anymore. It's like going from saying I get to spend the night with a bad chick like Rhianna, Kash Doll, Beyonce, ect to changing their minds and say "well, instead of them you can spend the night with some average looking chick with no curves". Ok fine, I'm still happy because I haven't got none in a while (in Detroit's case) but I'm still disappointed because what I was promised at first is more attractive then what I'm getting. But I guess they did make up for that by making it over 800 ft tall.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-26-2017, 08:56 AM
 
12,550 posts, read 7,612,822 times
Reputation: 4767
Quote:
Originally Posted by MS313 View Post
Yea Detroit has been the "Los Angeles" of skylines for quite some time (underwhelming for it's size). I'm still happy about the building don't get me wrong. I'm just not happy about the design anymore. It's like going from saying I get to spend the night with a bad chick like Rhianna, Kash Doll, Beyonce, ect to changing their minds and say "well, instead of them you can spend the night with some average looking chick with no curves". Ok fine, I'm still happy because I haven't got none in a while (in Detroit's case) but I'm still disappointed because what I was promised at first is more attractive then what I'm getting. But I guess they did make up for that by making it over 800 ft tall.
Just get drunk when you look at it and it's all good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-26-2017, 11:17 PM
 
Location: Detroit
3,671 posts, read 4,807,081 times
Reputation: 2624
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Just get drunk when you look at it and it's all good.
Lmfao!!!!! . Sounds like a plan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top