U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2017, 04:04 PM

5,114 posts, read 4,811,693 times

Advertisements

usroute, ms313, I'm not saying that soldierhobo's threads are typical, but that tommy_407 should probably do some investigating before jumping in with both feet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2017, 06:55 PM

3,671 posts, read 4,800,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
usroute, ms313, I'm not saying that soldierhobo's threads are typical, but that tommy_407 should probably do some investigating before jumping in with both feet.
Well in that case yes I completely agree. He needs to do alot of research and come see the properties for himself.

Old 07-10-2017, 09:28 AM

304 posts, read 280,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usroute10 View Post
Mr. Animated Martian had some good suggestions. I think that Midtown, Hamtramck, and Southwest Detroit are fits for you. I disagree with him about Midtown being mostly students or student-focused. I would also consider Islandview Village and the North End for houses on the edge of the gentrification.

MIDTOWN

If you just want to rent first, there are still many studios and 1-bedroom apartments in Midtown that are between $600 to $900. They will not be brand new places. Please see below web address for rental rates

Rent | Midtown Detroit Inc.

Here is a relatively new mixed-use development in Midtown, with studios from $900 to 950. Units include washer and dryer.

The Auburn - Center City Properties

If you desire a roommate in a 2-bedroom apartment in Midtown, there are plenty of options under $750 per roommate.

I would also look into the Lafayette Park district east of downtown; there are studios being offered in the $700-$800 range. Lafayette Towers has 528 square foot studios for $799.

PLACES TO BUY A HOUSE IF YOU GET TO THAT POINT

HAMTRAMCK
Hamtramck is an interesting community, very diverse, gentrifying, but still rough around the edges. Unfortunately, the houses are fairly small and non-descript. The adjacent community of Highland Park has amazing housing (see here), but is still in decline and has all kinds of problems.

Link to a sample of the housing for sale and prices in Hamtramck - Homes for sale and real estate search results in Hamtramck Michigan Provided by Real Estate One

SOUTHWEST DETROIT/MEXICANTOWN
Diverse, rough around the edges, walkable, but crime is a concern; be street smart

Honestly, I didn't find many homes for sale in the better part of Mexicantown

Here is one right of the main strip in the "Springwells Village". Vintage Southwest, but the houses are not really historic.

2346 Honorah St, Detroit, MI 48209 - realtor.comĀ®

NORTH END & ISLANDVIEW
$40,000 House in the North End

$50,000 House in Islandview

SINGLE WHITE GIRLS
Midtown and Downtown are going to have the single white girls within the city. The trendy "urban" suburbs of Ferndale, Royal Oak and the surrounding communities also have a lot of young single white ladies.

For gyms in Midtown/Downtown:

Anytime Fitness
Bolls Downtown YMCA
Wayne State University Fitness Center
Fitness Works in nearby New Center
Hey, thank you so much. This was one of the most helpful responses on the thread.

To everyone else, I thank you also for the responses. I gave reputation to everyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or