Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2017, 09:40 AM

1,785 posts, read 2,198,919 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by f5fstop View Post
I used to live in the Detroit area, but escaped cause I hated it. HOWEVER, I can recommend the only thing that area has to offer and that is Henry Ford Museum and Greenfield Village.
Yes, that's the only thing the area has to offer Bitter ex Detroiters are the worst!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2017, 01:29 PM

30,702 posts, read 79,403,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekman243 View Post
He is coming here mainly for the Kid Rock concert, which means he wants to know where the strip bars and the hookers are
There is a "Hustler" club down the 75 a ways, I do not remember where, but near the marathon plant is where i saw the signs. There is at least one other club like that near the airport, and another one. . . can't remember where I saw it. It think it was galled Palimino. I've not been in those kinds of places since my Bachelor party in Boston a few decades ago. I discovered skanky drug addicts danging naked do no interest me all that much but to each their own (they asked us to leave at one place because I pulled my chair around with my back to the stage so I could talk with my friends who came in from all over the world - more interesting than skanky drug addict hookers - looking at them I kept wondering how man of the diseases that I had heard of over they years they were carrying). But that was Boston, maybe the skanky durg addict hookers dancing in Michigan are more wholesome.

Old 09-13-2017, 02:18 PM

8,365 posts, read 7,315,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
Headed to the Motor City next Friday for the Kid Rock concert.
Just a link to a review of Little Caesars Arena, in case you're interested in hearing about the locale where your going to the the Kid Rock concert.

Maybe you'll find something worth while in the article. At least it points out where the cheap parking is located.

Old 09-17-2017, 07:18 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,906,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
Just a link to a review of Little Caesars Arena, in case you're interested in hearing about the locale where your going to the the Kid Rock concert.

Maybe you'll find something worth while in the article. At least it points out where the cheap parking is located.
We stayed at an Airbnb in Virginia Park and übered downtown. KId Rock was awesome as usual and I got my Kid Rock for Senate shirt.

Must say that Detroit has vastly improved since I was last there in 2014 for the ALDS. The downtown is phenomenal. We spent nights in Corkdown and Ferndale too. Loved Corktown, Ferndale was a little too boring for me. Last night hit up Old Miami, which was off the hook.

Also, I miss the Midwest. The people are ten times nicer than the folks on the East Coast. Thanks for a great weekend Detroit!

Oh and the weather was awesome and that used book store is the best. So was the Eastern Market. There was plenty to do!

Old 09-17-2017, 08:53 PM

3,830 posts, read 6,694,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
We stayed at an Airbnb in Virginia Park and übered downtown. KId Rock was awesome as usual and I got my Kid Rock for Senate shirt.

Must say that Detroit has vastly improved since I was last there in 2014 for the ALDS. The downtown is phenomenal. We spent nights in Corkdown and Ferndale too. Loved Corktown, Ferndale was a little too boring for me. Last night hit up Old Miami, which was off the hook.

Also, I miss the Midwest. The people are ten times nicer than the folks on the East Coast. Thanks for a great weekend Detroit!

Oh and the weather was awesome and that used book store is the best. So was the Eastern Market. There was plenty to do!
Could you let the suburbanites that haven't been in decades know, lol? People don't believe you when you talk about it. Or they don't believe that it has changes so much in just a few short years. I usually roll my eyes and tell them "I'm there every single day. Are you?"

Old 09-18-2017, 11:26 AM

30,702 posts, read 79,403,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaynarie View Post
Could you let the suburbanites that haven't been in decades know, lol? People don't believe you when you talk about it. Or they don't believe that it has changes so much in just a few short years. I usually roll my eyes and tell them "I'm there every single day. Are you?"
Then they say "I have been there plenty" If you press them you find out there were in the city 6 times in 1992 and 1981, therefore they know the City will not and cannot change for the better. Nothing will change their minds and they will not be interested in your invitation to show them (because you may disrupt their worldview if they prove to be incorrect). I do not think that will change until the younger generations replace the current suburbanites. Detroit's greater hope lies in outsiders moving in and young people. The boomer suburbanites are simply not going to accept it has changed. At least that is my experience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit