U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do you think of Monica Conyers?
She is trash and an embarrassment to the city of Detroit. 39 82.98%
I will NEVER vote for her again. 0 0%
I hate her almost as much as I hate Kwame Kilpatrick 4 8.51%
She's okay 4 8.51%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 06:51 PM

522 posts, read 1,188,558 times

Advertisements

Fire Monica Conyers next!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2008, 04:03 AM

3,224 posts, read 6,426,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by and the View Post
If Monica is John's "Trophy Wife", you really gotta wonder what place the guy came in.....

I love the City Council Follies. I actually feel sorry for a guy like Cockrel. You can just see the frustration that he feels as he tries to restrain himself from being baited into physical violence by the likes of Monica. I miss the simpler times with Kay Everett and her Boblo hats.

I love it. When my DVD isn't working and I can't watch my Benny Hill DVD's, I like to watch my old VHS tapes of Larry Moe and Curly here. Babs Rose is wearing a tiara and Monica stole Martha's "Diva" mug. You guys who pitch Detroit for all the cheap historic buildings ought to point out that you can't get Detroit City Council meetings on cable in the suburbs.......That was always the best part about living in Detroit for me after so many of the good bakeries shut down...

On a hot summer night, I'd get a bowl of popcorn and I'd put on my Commodore hat with the gold trim and be Kay and my girlfriend would put on her tiara and tutu and be Barb and we'd have a grand old time watching council meetings for the price of some microwave popcorn and a few Strohs and my old B&W Monarch TV.

I voted "She's OK" because I think she and Detroit deserve each other. YOU GO MONICA!
I live in Ann Arbor-fairly new to the area-and after seeing this picture I want to see one of these meetings in action! How can I access these?

Betting they're every bit as funny and entertaining as an episode of South Park! That tiaras really got me laughing good...thanks for the photo

Old 09-06-2008, 05:06 PM

522 posts, read 1,188,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annika08 View Post
I live in Ann Arbor-fairly new to the area-and after seeing this picture I want to see one of these meetings in action! How can I access these?

Betting they're every bit as funny and entertaining as an episode of South Park! That tiaras really got me laughing good...thanks for the photo

You're very welcome! I saw that pic on a t-shirt last week!

Old 01-30-2009, 09:25 PM

30,409 posts, read 20,655,213 times
the sludge queen is in the news again.

Quote:
The Detroit Free Press has identified Council President Conyers as the "Councilwoman A" who former Synagro exec James Rosendall claims he bribed in order to get a sludge contract.
Conyers Not Talking About Synagro Scandal || WXYZ.com | WXYZ-TV / Detroit | Detroit News, Weather, Sports and More

Old 01-30-2009, 10:56 PM

143 posts, read 300,075 times
This thread has been a good read. I get so tired of reading threads about "what can we do to fix Detroit?" People can't seem to understand that as long as clowns like this run the city like a side-show, nothing will change no matter what you do.

At least they're good for a few laughs.

Old 02-15-2009, 10:49 PM

30,409 posts, read 20,655,213 times
apologies if it was posted elsewhere:

Quote:
Sources who described the incident on the condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the matter said the Feb. 4 argument escalated after Conyers called Kenyatta stupid, following his insistence that she submit in writing her request to cut his budget.

When Kenyatta asked her what she said, Conyers responded he needed to learn how to talk to a woman.

Kenyatta shot back that when he was with a woman, he would do so.
Insults escalated in spat between Conyers, Kenyatta | Freep.com | Detroit Free Press (http://www.freep.com/article/20090211/NEWS01/902110311/Insults+escalate+in+Conyers-Kenyatta+spat - broken link)
what a train-wreck.

Old 02-17-2009, 04:57 AM

428 posts, read 718,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by One Thousand View Post
Is it possible to select three of them?
Yeah! I wanted to pick all of the first 3. She's so ghetto. In no other major U.S. city would she even be considered for city council, but in Detroit, she not only on city council, she's the leader!

Old 02-17-2009, 04:19 PM

2 posts, read 3,714 times
Monica Conyers is an illiterate, unethical, immoral, adulterating, thug. She should be ashamed of herself, but then again, so should 90% of all authoritarians running that ugly city.

Old 02-18-2009, 12:39 AM

62 posts, read 113,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1eyedjack View Post
Hey FireKwame, thats a Obama T- shirt she's wearing!
I'm shocked.

Old 02-18-2009, 12:42 AM

62 posts, read 113,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daddythreepointoh View Post
Yeah! I wanted to pick all of the first 3. She's so ghetto. In no other major U.S. city would she even be considered for city council, but in Detroit, she not only on city council, she's the leader!

Who the fuss VOTES THESE PEOPLE INTO OFFICE!!!??

:>0
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or